Apple Podcast Probl...

Notifications
Clear all

Apple Podcast Problems Since Last Update?

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@tesseraches)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Apple podcasts have been terrible for me since the last update. Takes 5-10 minutes for a podcast to play after I hit play.

Might start looking at some podcasting 2.0 apps of this crap keeps up. Anyone else experiencing similar?

Posted : June 8, 2021 4:24 PM
(@grapeypear)

Wow 10 minutes that’s really bad. It’s been shit for me for several months now actually. It always takes a few minutes to start playing, freezes up, crashes, has a generally delayed response time, and Ive noticed on more than a few shows that the rate/review feature seems to come and go. Which reminds me, are you supposed to be able to rate/review THC+ or just the free first hour THC? They’re listed on Apple podcasts as two different shows, and there is no rating option for plus. Maybe it’s just cuz it’s behind the paywall. But I digress. Yes, I want to throw that app in the trash. Have you looked into any alternatives yet?

Posted : June 23, 2021 8:49 AM
enjoypolo
(@enjoypolo)
Member Moderator

iOS 14.6 supposedly fixes some issues with the podcast app (and introduces new features). From my experience, it's slightly better, but not a huge difference.
Alternatively, I use Spotify or Podverse. But my go-to is still Apple's app.

Posted : June 24, 2021 8:18 PM
(@thecarlwood)
Bossman Admin

Yes the Apple Podcast app has been a big issue. We updated the FAQ/Help page with an article about it, It's not just us, but we can't recommend something that only works half the time. Conveniently, they're rolling out premium podcasts of their own now. Coincidence?

Posted : June 25, 2021 6:27 AM
Share: