Clear all

Ancestral tips?

20 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@jeframpton)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

chillcrab wrote: Making time to be with yourself and the One/Universe/God can reveal so much more connection in our realities than when we’re rushing through, making everything more vibrant and beautiful. I hope you’re loving fatherhood for all its transformative chaos and opportunities!! I don’t have kids but I’m holding out hope for that possibility one day.

Cutting back on thc can surely make the dream world more accessible. Been doing a lot of meditation and a “More Sober Than 2020 January” (no drinking and less bud during the day) and my dreams have been super crazy. I also just started a healing journal, and it has allowed me to access great peace and insight. Writing is incredibly therapeutic and can be a great way to get thoughts out of your head. If you have anything published, I’d love to read it! Gnosticism is how I fell down the rabbit hole of truly opening myself up to all the possibilities of reality. I’m a writer for a living and really enjoy giving feedback to anyone who needs it!

Thanks for that. Haven't heard of a healing journal but I'll have to get a few notepads for all these ideas. Nothing published just a journal for all the occult history that I'd like to tie together for the sake of my family/posterity. Something speculative but not too far out. What writing do you do for work? I'm thankful for your activity and comments, great motivation to take more time to connect.

Posted : January 9, 2021 7:44 AM
(@chillcrab)
Eminent Member

jeframpton wrote: Suggestions on the ancestral ritual? That's awesome your on the same ground. I'm trying to pick through rune soup but there are a lot of subjects that catch me. Is there anything you have learned from your experience that stood out? Insight on how their presence can be felt. Maybe I still feel disconnected, fully believe but dense on any powerful spiritual feelings beside little synchronicities.

Whoops I didn’t see this question before I went in on that other reply but I think I have more focused advice! This book was super key for me in creating a practice. https://www.llewellyn.com/product.php?ean=9780738761008

I first spent some time before the ritual to learn more about my lineage and what it is connected to. For example, my ancestors in my area are Scottish. I researched the clan they descended from and got to know the history, ruminated on their motto and crest, & so on. Then I tried to look up local history. If you are near any physical graves, definitely pay them a visit and give them some flowers or food or drink. I gave them mint, a tomato, flowers from my garden, and a small offering of berry tea + wildflower spirits. I burned a lil bud for my grandpa. ((Feel out whether incorporating intoxicants is right for you, especially if substance issues were ever a thing for your family.)) Talk to them mentally or out loud. I feel that my ancestors were likely pagan at their roots so the nature elements felt super natural. If you were raised with a certain religious or cultural tradition and that still resonates with you in some way, you might want to incorporate those practices. Then, I made a list of all my ancestors past & still living that I could reference and thank during my meditation if I got off track.

Hope this all helps!! I’ve only done this type of ritual once, but I definitely plan on more.

Posted : January 9, 2021 7:48 AM
(@chillcrab)
Eminent Member

jeframpton wrote: Thanks for that. Haven't heard of a healing journal but I'll have to get a few notepads for all these ideas. Nothing published just a journal for all the occult history that I'd like to tie together for the sake of my family/posterity. Something speculative but not too far out. What writing do you do for work? I'm thankful for your activity and comments, great motivation to take more time to connect.

Yeah, I was hesitant to create one until I started reading Mark Wolynn’s “It Didnt Start With You” and needed some space to process what he put together. I also have a general magic journal & an astrology journal where I just write down things about my chart and practice info.

I’m unfortunately grinding in the corporate world as a social media writer but making the best of it. I do work for local businesses, which takes a lot of the existential dread away. I just graduated with my BA in English but I have my sights set on becoming a Waldorf educator once I can afford to do school again. I write poetry & music to keep my soul healthy in the mean time.

It is has been nice connecting with you! I have been in a communication rut for months, but this new year has pried me wide open. I’ve felt especially renewed and raw in the best way for the past few days. I hope you catch some of my energy and put it to good use. 🙂

Posted : January 9, 2021 8:02 AM
(@ulyssesjasonnewcomb)
Estimable Member

jeframpton wrote:
I've started blogging

Share the wealth bro!

Posted : January 11, 2021 3:22 PM
(@ulyssesjasonnewcomb)
Estimable Member

chillcrab wrote:
I’m a writer for a living and really enjoy giving feedback to anyone who needs it!

I need it!

Posted : January 11, 2021 3:23 PM
Page 2 / 2
Share: