Ancestral tips?

20 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@jeframpton)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hey all,
I’ve enjoyed my time here at THC and I imagine this group has a lot of great viewpoints.
What are your thoughts/experiences on ancestral karma, shrines and steps on building spiritually through them?

I have an LDS prophet (undoubtedly Scottish Rite) not to far back in my tree. Elements of slave owning and ritualistic slaughtering of natives. Many with good character but following the ‘flavor of the day’ I guess..
I don’t want to swim through the vast online New Age bullshit to find something that can help me get started. Good sources on ancestral altars? Curing ‘sour thumbs’ in the tree? More info on tapping into the Divine?
Big up to the most open minded network I can access.

Posted : September 25, 2020 12:54 AM
(@harpoonharry)
Trusted Member

I'm not too sure where you would start. I have heard about inherited trauma which I found interesting.

Posted : September 25, 2020 3:10 AM
(@jeframpton)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

harpoonharry wrote: I'm not too sure where you would start. I have heard about inherited trauma which I found interesting.

I’ll have to check it out. Most of it’s probably me trying to understand reality to much. Working on myself and chalking my own experience up as the karma seems practical. The history of the illusive societies makes me wonder about negative energies. I enjoy my life and family but the dark history is fascinating.

Posted : September 25, 2020 4:28 AM
(@harpoonharry)
Trusted Member

I'm the same, trying to make sense of the nature of reality. There's obviously more to what we are being told. Would love to know the truth. I know that I never will 🙂

Posted : September 25, 2020 5:24 AM
nickzeptepi
(@nickzeptepi)
Honorable Member

Try rune soup blog for tips on ancestral alters and new moon offerings, then its just a matte of quiet mind meditation and start a dialogue see what comes up

Posted : September 25, 2020 11:31 PM
(@ulyssesjasonnewcomb)
Estimable Member

Yo, this is my jam. Ancestor veneration is the easiest thing. You got pictures of your ancestors? Make offerings to them in the morning. Just say a few words and say thanks. Don't got pictures, no problem. Make the offering and say the few words anyway. Do it the way it feels right and pay attention to your life. Then tweak and twook as you go. Have fun1

Posted : October 19, 2020 5:48 PM
(@jeframpton)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thanks Nick, I’ve been slacking on runesoup but I’ll check it out.
Ulysses, gotcha! Kinda what I have been going for. Thanks for the advice, I’ll see where it takes me

Posted : October 19, 2020 9:08 PM
(@galaxygirl2035)
Eminent Member

How's the going for you? In addition to the stuff Ulysses offered, I would also add setting your intention to wanting to do this before you sleep and or meditate. If you dont already, start a dream journal to record your experiences. What I do is talk mine into a voice recording app on my phone so i dont have to turn on the lights (as that can sometimes cause dreams to slip away) and then write them in the journal later. You may have some ancestors come to you and introduce themselves.

Pay attention to as many details as possible (what colors were they wearing, any animals? any food or drink present? etc) since that can give you an idea of what to put on your altar.

Posted : January 9, 2021 3:42 AM
(@ulyssesjasonnewcomb)
Estimable Member

T

galaxygirl2035 wrote: How's the going for you? In addition to the stuff Ulysses offered, I would also add setting your intention to wanting to do this before you sleep and or meditate. If you dont already, start a dream journal to record your experiences. What I do is talk mine into a voice recording app on my phone so i dont have to turn on the lights (as that can sometimes cause dreams to slip away) and then write them in the journal later. You may have some ancestors come to you and introduce themselves.

Pay attention to as many details as possible (what colors were they wearing, any animals? any food or drink present? etc) since that can give you an idea of what to put on your altar.

tip for remembering dreams: when you wake up, sing the dream right away. Like, make up a song on the spot and mumble whisper it. “Thank you curtains for making a square when I made my presentatiooon. Thank you movie dream so nice when my friends sat to watch.” Whatever, doesn’t have to make sense. Just sort of sing it.
I know it sounds weird but it really connects you to the dream.

Posted : January 9, 2021 3:48 AM
(@galaxygirl2035)
Eminent Member

ulyssesjasonnewcomb wrote: T

tip for remembering dreams: when you wake up, sing the dream right away. Like, make up a song on the spot and mumble whisper it. “Thank you curtains for making a square when I made my presentatiooon. Thank you movie dream so nice when my friends sat to watch.” Whatever, doesn’t have to make sense. Just sort of sing it.
I know it sounds weird but it really connects you to the dream.

That's why I usually just speak it automatically in the voice recorder, no need to remember. most of the time i'm still half asleep as well, which makes transcribing it in my dream journal all the more fun lol. Thanks for the tip I'll try the song thing too. What the hell it's the pandemic and I have shit else to do

Posted : January 9, 2021 3:58 AM
(@ulyssesjasonnewcomb)
Estimable Member

The singing is not for remembering. Not exclusively. It’s a shamanic thing. It does more than just help you remember it. Try it some day.

Posted : January 9, 2021 4:00 AM
(@chillcrab)
Eminent Member

Ancestor altars are awesome. Pictures, favorite colors, foods, or items belonging are key. Burn incense, meditate and pray. Give thanks, feel their presence in your body, relive the memories of those you knew and the stories they told you. Ask them for messages. I divine with Tarot and do a spread asking for guidance and how I can give back to them. I did a ritual on Halloween and it was incredible. I live on the land where my ancestors first settled here, so my area has a strong vortex for me personally and I have been able to manifest so many blessings since then. I am ignorant of any bloody sins to atone with by my past past ancestors, but I have worked through a lot of inherited trauma from the last couple generations. This ritual also recently hit me with the desire to learn drums, which I know is at least my deceased grandfather working though me, and who knows whom else. I’m thankful though, music makes me feel so alive.

Posted : January 9, 2021 6:57 AM
(@jeframpton)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thank you all for the helpful insight. As a father and dealing with all the chaos of life I often catch myself forgetting to take a moment for them. Call it placebo but I have felt a lot more connected and at ease since putting more focus toward the astral. I have a restless mind that is stubborn to quiet down and I never dream. Maybe I need more sleep, herbs or possibly slow down on the THC...
I've started blogging the thoughts I can't seem to get out of my head regarding the general gnostic viewpoint of the world. Even my Left leaning mother even offered to read it and give me suggestions. A lot of the anxiety I was facing when I set up this thread seems culled and I can focus a bit more. I'm grateful for all the suggestions. Maybe dreams, meditation and my path will become more clear as I follow this road.

Posted : January 9, 2021 7:02 AM
(@jeframpton)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

chillcrab wrote: Ancestor altars are awesome. Pictures, favorite colors, foods, or items belonging are key. Burn incense, meditate and pray. Give thanks, feel their presence in your body, relive the memories of those you knew and the stories they told you. Ask them for messages. I divine with Tarot and do a spread asking for guidance and how I can give back to them. I did a ritual on Halloween and it was incredible. I live on the land where my ancestors first settled here, so my area has a strong vortex for me personally and I have been able to manifest so many blessings since then. I am ignorant of any bloody sins to atone with by my past past ancestors, but I have worked through a lot of inherited trauma from the last couple generations. This ritual also recently hit me with the desire to learn drums, which I know is at least my deceased grandfather working though me, and who knows whom else. I’m thankful though, music makes me feel so alive.

Suggestions on the ancestral ritual? That's awesome your on the same ground. I'm trying to pick through rune soup but there are a lot of subjects that catch me. Is there anything you have learned from your experience that stood out? Insight on how their presence can be felt. Maybe I still feel disconnected, fully believe but dense on any powerful spiritual feelings beside little synchronicities.

Posted : January 9, 2021 7:11 AM
(@chillcrab)
Eminent Member

jeframpton wrote: Thank you all for the helpful insight. As a father and dealing with all the chaos of life I often catch myself forgetting to take a moment for them. Call it placebo but I have felt a lot more connected and at ease since putting more focus toward the astral. I have a restless mind that is stubborn to quiet down and I never dream. Maybe I need more sleep, herbs or possibly slow down on the THC...
I've started blogging the thoughts I can't seem to get out of my head regarding the general gnostic viewpoint of the world. Even my Left leaning mother even offered to read it and give me suggestions. A lot of the anxiety I was facing when I set up this thread seems culled and I can focus a bit more. I'm grateful for all the suggestions. Maybe dreams, meditation and my path will become more clear as I follow this road.

Making time to be with yourself and the One/Universe/God can reveal so much more connection in our realities than when we’re rushing through, making everything more vibrant and beautiful. I hope you’re loving fatherhood for all its transformative chaos and opportunities!! I don’t have kids but I’m holding out hope for that possibility one day.

Cutting back on thc can surely make the dream world more accessible. Been doing a lot of meditation and a “More Sober Than 2020 January” (no drinking and less bud during the day) and my dreams have been super crazy. I also just started a healing journal, and it has allowed me to access great peace and insight. Writing is incredibly therapeutic and can be a great way to get thoughts out of your head. If you have anything published, I’d love to read it! Gnosticism is how I fell down the rabbit hole of truly opening myself up to all the possibilities of reality. I’m a writer for a living and really enjoy giving feedback to anyone who needs it!

Posted : January 9, 2021 7:27 AM
Page 1 / 2
Share: