Notifications
Clear all

Different Types of Nonsense

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@alogan)
Topic starter

What the heck episode was that? Dr. Someone was talking about the levels of nonsense/gimmerish and how it trains muscles of the mind to see things in ways it wasnt able to before. I want that book and cant find it. I'm very into comedy improv and Reggie Watts-esque musical nonsense performance and working on a similar craft.

Any help would be appreciated! Sincere beauty can come out of sever nonsense.

Posted : June 11, 2021 8:33 PM
 JH
(@jh)
Reputable Member

alogan wrote:
What the heck episode was that? Dr. Someone was talking about the levels of nonsense/gimmerish and how it trains muscles of the mind to see things in ways it wasnt able to before. I want that book and cant find it. I'm very into comedy improv and Reggie Watts-esque musical nonsense performance and working on a similar craft.

Any help would be appreciated! Sincere beauty can come out of sever nonsense.

Ray Moody. I got his book: making sense of nonsense after listening to the show. Enjoyable

Posted : June 11, 2021 9:03 PM
 JH
(@jh)
Reputable Member

Also like how in the book, which was pretty normal pop-sci level stuff, he just drops in a "Oh, by the way, here' s how you can conjure dead relatives DIY" sidebox...

Posted : June 11, 2021 9:04 PM
(@alogan)
Topic starter

Ha! Hilarious. Always gotta add in a drop from the deep end. Not sure how I feel about that side bar, but I'll give it a read and go from there.

Just ordered that along with Frank Joseph's Lost History of Ancient America.

Posted : June 11, 2021 9:19 PM
Share: