Notifications
Clear all

TCF: A Sudden Increase in Sexualizing AI on Streaming Services

11 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@lunarscorpio)
Topic starter

Has anyone noticed a sudden increase in the amount of blatant, or more subversive, conditioning tactics on Netflix,amazon, etc when it comes to the themes of sexuality and AI and singularity related themes?

A few examples are: Altered Carbon, Blade Runner:2049, Mute, Electric Dreams, Westworld, Humans, etc.

It seems as though this line of predictive programming is being accelerated.

Any thoughts on why this is the case?

Posted : February 25, 2018 7:25 AM
(@shamangineer)
Noble Member

I think there are several things at work:

1) Sex sells.

2) To equate AI with consciousness to humanize the transhumanist agenda to make it less creepy.

Additionally I have noticed seeing more and more that artificial beings are being respresented as altruistic and victimized by humanity while unencumbered by humanity's flaws.

Posted : February 25, 2018 7:05 PM
enjoypolo
(@enjoypolo)
Member Moderator

There's definitely all of the above. One anecdote from my recent trip to China that's worth mentioning is how technocratic it's become. To the point where WeChat, an app on the phone that serves as platform initially for messaging, has now extended to become a real portal to China's economy: Digital Currency & Payments; ordering a taxi, food delivery and at a restaurant, subway tickets. You name it, they have it. At most restaurants, people don't order through waiters, but thru the app. The waiters just quietly serve the food (how long until they're replaced?). The bill is settled thru the app by scanning a QR Code. It's very convenient and efficient in cost & time. But it's also scary to lose that human touch of talking to the waiter to ask for recommendations. Not to mention privacy, as WeChat requires you to link your e-wallet to your Bank of China card (State arm of course) or National ID.
Cash is fading out rapidly, and everything's built around this system. A real heaven for the transhumanist agenda to flourish. And a dare I say, a perfect model for the West to adopt.
Reading the national newspaper there, mentions of AI and trans-national collaborations to work on this industry abound.
But I digress, I really think we'll have crossed a threshold when AI sex-dolls will be accessible to the public (BladeRunner style).
And yet, since hearing about John Keely's inventions of conscious-robots (On Elana Freeland's interview) it gave me some new perspectives on what robots could potentially be.

Posted : February 25, 2018 9:51 PM
(@lunarscorpio)
Topic starter

Selling sex will always be a cash grab in my opinion. Similar to the tactics used by the PR progeny of Edward Bernays, it keeps the masses emotional and sensual rather than critical and cognizant. By equating certain products with sexual appeal, you can hi-jack the brain into believing that your product is some sort of external phenotype, specific to attracting mates or sexual partners.
i.e. Those who have the latest and greatest gadget are the most appealing due to their ability to transcend human limitations.

I have also noticed the altruism theme that you mentioned.
This seems to be leading down the road of "Transhuman rights" or to lay the subconscious groundwork for a future discussion on the moral protocol concerning AI and human interaction.

Posted : February 25, 2018 9:58 PM
(@shamangineer)
Noble Member

They're already making the first steps to what you are talking about Lunarscorpio, here is an article about the world's first "robotic citizen" who once said she wanted to "destroy humans" and was modeled on Audrey Hepurrn - you know if Hepburn had a clear skull, skin made of silicone, and made you wonder if she might eat your nose every time she smiled.

http://www.businessinsider.com/meet-the-first-robot-citizen-sophia-animatronic-humanoid-2017-10#the-idea-of-fooling-humans-is-not-necessarily-the-goal-hanson-told-business-insider-4

Posted : February 26, 2018 12:32 AM
(@shamangineer)
Noble Member

Here is another related article about the Microsoft AI chatbot that quickly devolved into a Neo-Nazi sexbot:
https://www.technologyreview.com/s/601111/why-microsoft-accidentally-unleashed-a-neo-nazi-sexbot/

But if you think we are moving too fast on implementing AI before it is ready, or have concerns about how it will act in moral situations you are just a paranoid luddite. . .

Posted : February 26, 2018 12:34 AM
nickzeptepi
(@nickzeptepi)
Honorable Member

enjoypolo wrote: There's definitely all of the above. One anecdote from my recent trip to China that's worth mentioning is how technocratic it's become. To the point where WeChat, an app on the phone that serves as platform initially for messaging, has now extended to become a real portal to China's economy: Digital Currency & Payments; ordering a taxi, food delivery and at a restaurant, subway tickets. You name it, they have it. At most restaurants, people don't order through waiters, but thru the app. The waiters just quietly serve the food (how long until they're replaced?). The bill is settled thru the app by scanning a QR Code. It's very convenient and efficient in cost & time. But it's also scary to lose that human touch of talking to the waiter to ask for recommendations. Not to mention privacy, as WeChat requires you to link your e-wallet to your Bank of China card (State arm of course) or National ID.
Cash is fading out rapidly, and everything's built around this system. A real heaven for the transhumanist agenda to flourish. And a dare I say, a perfect model for the West to adopt.
Reading the national newspaper there, mentions of AI and trans-national collaborations to work on this industry abound.
But I digress, I really think we'll have crossed a threshold when AI sex-dolls will be accessible to the public (BladeRunner style).
And yet, since hearing about John Keely's inventions of conscious-robots (On Elana Freeland's interview) it gave me some new perspectives on what robots could potentially be.

I live in Thailand in an area where there's lots of Chinese tourists. Numerous places are offering the WeChat payment options they don't have to change money.

Posted : March 1, 2018 9:16 AM
nickzeptepi
(@nickzeptepi)
Honorable Member

I think this is also a move to help or maintain dissociation their inner Self.

Posted : March 1, 2018 9:20 AM
(@shamangineer)
Noble Member
(@atlantickush)

Ghost in the Shell comes to mind too. Thanks for reminding me of that scene in blade runner 2049. It was really intelligently composed imo, there was a delicate cover up of the symbolism i felt, they had made it seem like a novelty or curiosity, by playing the 'cute' music and showing those emoji type characters. I thought at the time, I am sure the producers are aware there is a more sinister archetypal effect that scene would have on those frustrated millenial men dreaming of a day when their relationships would be with beautiful robot sex slaves (obviously not thinking through any wider implications beyond satisfying their lowest drives).

Posted : March 9, 2018 8:39 AM
enjoypolo
(@enjoypolo)
Member Moderator

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dr-gridlock/wp/2018/03/19/uber-halts-autonomous-vehicle-testing-after-a-pedestrian-is-struck/?utm_term=.274b5307df31

This is probably not the right place to post, so sorry in advance.
Regarding the first fatal accident involving a pedestrian and a self-driving (Uber) car in AZ.
It was only a matter of time. It certainly will make a whisteblower's journey that much harder, just imagine being chased by a driverless car!

Posted : March 19, 2018 11:41 PM
Share: