6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
enjoypolo
(@enjoypolo)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Hey Everyone,

Wanted to have a thread dedicated to present and discuss implosion-based devices, and/or similar ideas.
For those who are unfamiliar with implosion and Viktor Schauberger, I would strongly recommend listening to Shamangineer's Water Alchemy episode as a primer.

Since moving to Amsterdam, one thing I picked up on quickly was cycling. And as anyone who rides a bicycle knows, wind can quickly become a pain in the ass (especially when you're riding against it!).

As the lazy bastard that I am, the absurdity of having to expand so much energy only to make tiny strides forward is always on my mind. Naturally, Schauberger's insights into the "propulsion" of the trout against the current is something I like day-dreaming, imagining what an implosion-based bicycle could look like.

So today, by happenstance, I came across this curious patent by Edward P. Hart from 1897 (!), titled Bicycle Propulsion, and looks very much like that, albeit using more traditional propellers located in front of the bike. The inventor basically makes the case that the propellers, which are connected to the gears would propulse the bike forward as wind blows. The stronger the winds, the faster the speed!
Quite frankly, I was amazed by the simplicity of the patent and its description, and how similar it looks to the forward propulsion of the trout model. The bike is conveniently designed for steering left/right, and has an additional vertical cog turned by the wind turbine.

Bicycle + Wind = couldn't be more dutch!

What do you think, any feedback from mechanically-inclined minds that could possibly test this out by any chance? Edward Hart is such a sweetheart for being so straightforward and open about his patent.

I would suggest using this CAD Archimedes Spiral design to improve the flow of the turbine (or even one of Schauberger's original designs). The turbine could either directly rotate the chain/wheel, or just turn a dynamo that produces electricity and charge a battery, using that to run. I'm not a mechanic, nor an engineer, so please take that with with lots of salt.

The Heinkel T is another one of these mythic aircrafts that was allegedly conceived by Viktor Schauberger when he was involved, against his will, to work with German black-ops unit. The nose is basically a vortex turbine based on the trout. I can't confirm it's existence, but this would be highly classified stuff, no doubt!

Here's someone's 3D printed version of it.

Anyways, that's it for today, I felt like I had to share these with y'all 🙂
Peace

EDIT: some related resources

EDIT 2: This is the closest I've found on Youtube to this cycling invention. Quite surprised no-one on the web seems to have tested this yet..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APyR4nAg1rc

Posted : January 16, 2020 8:21 PM
enjoypolo
(@enjoypolo)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

So after giving it further thought, I decided to purchase a simple micro wind turbine kit from aliexpress, that has a USB output to charge a phone (0.6mA). It cost me less than 4 euros (~$4 USD) including free shipping, so at least I can satisfy my curiosity 🙂

My plan is to mount that (glue it, although a strap would be better) on the front of my bike steering, ideally with a phone mount to test.

Since the fan included with the kit is a traditional propeller, I'd be curious to see if I can 3D print the archimedes spiral for cheap.

And last but not least, some way to track the energy/charging performance; compare it. For $10 a piece, this could be a cool toy (and a potential cool/useful product :cool:) although as usual, I'm getting ahead of myself. Wait and see..

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32955059584.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.381c4c4dTK0DJc

PS: This is as much as I could find on V.S. conical turbine design. Implementing this would require some further tinkering.

Posted : January 17, 2020 7:48 PM
(@shamangineer)
Noble Member

I am afraid you will not get much current from a setup like that shown in the video or the 1897 patent. If you got 100mA peak at 12V I would be surprised.

Posted : January 21, 2020 12:56 AM
(@shamangineer)
Noble Member

I am afraid that what is shown in the video and the 1897 patent is not based on vortex technology and therefore is incapable of tapping into the external ZPE energy source. I would be surprised if you got 100mA at a handful of volts.

I hadn't seen a picture of the Heinkel before, very interesting. The diagram below is supposed to be the working principle behind such a craft:

http://discaircraft.greyfalcon.us/Viktor Schauberger.htm

Posted : January 21, 2020 1:02 AM
enjoypolo
(@enjoypolo)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

shamangineer wrote: I am afraid that what is shown in the video and the 1897 patent is not based on vortex technology and therefore is incapable of tapping into the external ZPE energy source. I would be surprised if you got 100mA at a handful of volts.

I hadn't seen a picture of the Heinkel before, very interesting. The diagram below is supposed to be the working principle behind such a craft:

http://discaircraft.greyfalcon.us/Viktor Schauberger.htm

Thank you for your feedback @shamangineer!
Got a little ahead of myself it seems, but will report back after testing:D:rolleyes:

Posted : January 21, 2020 7:26 AM
enjoypolo
(@enjoypolo)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

http://evgars.com/Shauberger.htm

I stumbled upon this impressive collection of all things Implosion / Schauberger 🙂

Posted : February 5, 2020 5:17 PM
Share: