Clear all

Aquatic Ape Theory

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@shamangineer)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Aquatic ape theory contends that humans are decended from an aquatic ancestor and things like our naked skin, control over breathing, and upright stance may all be evidence of this past.
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/a-new-aquatic-ape-theory-67868308/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwPoM7lGYHw

Posted : July 7, 2019 4:05 PM
enjoypolo
(@enjoypolo)
Member Moderator

shamangineer wrote: Aquatic ape theory contends that humans are decended from an aquatic ancestor and things like our naked skin, control over breathing, and upright stance may all be evidence of this past.
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/a-new-aquatic-ape-theory-67868308/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwPoM7lGYHw

I'd buy that theory for sure. Nothing makes me feel more at ease than swimming under water, it's like meditating for me.

I had to.. :p:D

Posted : July 7, 2019 9:41 PM
(@smipapa)

Nice synchronicity there S - I just came across that one too. Still TBD on why our hair grows so dang long off our heads, that seems like a bug in the code. And breasts - just us and bonobos that have those I think.
Lloyd Pye had his theory on how our chromosome count makes it obvious that we're hybrid... something about a broken pair? I need to do more research there

Posted : August 23, 2019 9:11 AM
enjoypolo
(@enjoypolo)
Member Moderator

Ever since I came across this thread, this idea of human evolution and the steps involved has been on the back of my mind.
My current views on evolution, based on what I've read, heard and experienced, is that evolution occurs in distinct "steps", similar to the way a caterpillar becomes a butterfly. Of course, distinct steps can be experienced as slow, gradual changes taking hundreds of years depending on the time-scale we use.

More recently, it was while reading One-Eye in the land of the Blind, that it hit me that evolution is an alchemical process (or Nature's process of transformation). And contrary to what I had thought until then, the elements have an intricate order from: (out of Aether) Earth, Water, Fire, Air and back to Source (Aether/Quintessence).

The thought of aquatic ape theory came to my mind at the time, and wondered if that's not the course of our evolution as well, from Earth (micro-organisms in the soil) to Water (evolving to fish and aquatic beings) which then go on to land (mammals) to discover the process of Fire (a technological/intellectual leap, also associated with steam-engine, the basis for the industrial revolution). And if that was indeed the case, then the next logical step in our evolution would be Air (even current technologies flying in the air are barely 150yrs old, except maybe for Da Vinci who was way-ahead), with the ultimate step being Aetheric (once all the elements' process are mastered)

Now intuitively, this sort of makes sense to me. In fact, I wonder if it's got anything to do with the fact that Thoth from Egyptian mythology is bird-headed (as in, he's a higher, more evolved entity)

Here's a passage from the book that I find fascinating regardless of whether it's factual or not
[SPOILER=The Egg and its Shell (From One-Eye in the Land of the Blind)]

The farmer was lost in thought. “In order to initiate life processes, we need to create appropriate, organically-shaped bodies, is that correct?”
[Ranger is referring to V. Schauberger's character] “Yes. And nature shows us how to do it all the time!” the ranger answered.
“Have you ever noticed how life universally evolves out of egg-shapes? Not round balls, nor squares or disk shapes. Only slightly asymmetrical egg shapes!”
“Never thought about it.”
“Do you have any idea why this is so?”
“Not exactly.”
“Let me tell you. Owing to its asymmetrical shape and curving surfaces, the liquid content of an egg starts to move independently when the temperature of its environment is higher than its own. Odd but true. The semi-permeable shell is the key to this phenomenon. Because the surrounding temperature is higher, the egg’s contents start to gradually evaporate. Due to its asymmetrical shape, the rate of evaporation varies slightly from top to bottom, resulting in a slightly increased cooling on one side of the egg. This imbalance causes the liquids to move, in an attempt to harmonize the internal temp of the egg. [..] The connection between the shell's permeability and the quality of life is illustrated nicely by the egg– the culmination of life's urge to move closer towards its counter-pole, the Sun. This evolution led from fish, to mammal, to bird."

Guépin, Reinout. One Eye in the Land of the Blind: The rediscovery of aether. Based on the life of Viktor Schauberger.

It goes on and on (I'd post more, but word-limit oblige..) Fascinating thought for sure.
[/SPOILER]

Posted : September 12, 2019 12:57 PM
Share: