Clear all

Website Account for Patreon Subscriber

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@lotusland)
Topic starter

Hi Greg,

I've tried reaching out to you via Patreon's messaging system last week, but I've had no reply from you. Maybe there's an issue with you receiving Patreon messages?

Anyway, I am requesting that you please set me up with a member account on thehighersidechats.com website so that I may have access to all the stuff that those who support you financially via your website do.

There is a lot of content that Patreon subsribers don't have access to, even though we pay $8/month, the same as everyone else.

Back in April you had a Bubble Tea Chat with Gordon White, which I very much wanted to listen to. This did not appear in my Patreon feed, and I messaged you via Patreon at the time about how I could access it. I am still waiting for that reply.

If you provided a PayPal option on thehighersidechats.com website, I would gladly support you directly and ditch Patreon. I have to use PayPal because I don't use credit cards. You're running the site on WordPress, and PayPal is definitely a payment option on all the Payment Gateways plugins that are available for WordPress. Not sure why it isn't an option?

I have had to resort to creating a forum post about this issue as I tried using your support form at https://www.thehighersidechats.com/support/ but the captcha isn't working. I tried using Chrome, Brave, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge, but the captcha just doesn't work. So the request form goes nowhere.

Looking forward to being able to participate more fully on the THC website with a THC account.

Thanks! 🙂

Posted : November 11, 2020 12:44 PM
(@thecarlwood)
Bossman Admin

Well this is a thread that supposed to be for Q&A's for the Joint Sessions, but I understand that you feel frustrated.

I forwarded the comment about the CAPTCHA to the team, but you're the only person who's mentioned that to me and we get support tickets everyday so I'm not sure what that's about.

As I said in my Patreon reply, I can make a Patreon person a forum account, because I said they'd be for a lifetime. However, Patreon does not plug into the website, they are separate systems. I wouldn't even had a Patreon if it wasn't requested by so many people who wish to manage their THC subscription with their other ones. So if you don't like the Patreon system, I would cancel it and sign up for Plus via the website.

I know it takes a few exact steps, but these systems don't talk to each other. If I made every Patreon person a Plus account on the wbesite, how would I know when they canceled Patreon? This becomes the issue. THC+ works because I try to have good automated systems in place. I could never manage this manually.

Many Patreon people understand that they don't see the bonuses easily but they don't care bc they just want to hear the Plus interviews. If that's not you, then you should sign up at my website. Sorry it's not more convenient.

Posted : December 6, 2020 2:06 AM
Share: