Clear all

Attacks On THC?

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
(@gunshy)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hey, I've always wondered how much you guys have had to deal with suspicious DDOS attacks or hacking attempts on the THC websites, or even the forums.

Like I'm sure that people have to have targeted your shit at times, or tried funky stuff over the years, but have you ever taken account of malicious traffic or even inexplicable gremlins that seemed outside the norm?

Have you noticed that these things spike while you're releasing certain episodes, or with certain people? Has it ever occurred to you to keep track of malicious traffic in regards to the timing of interviews you conduct?

I imagine there's had to be some eerie happenings in that realm by this stage in the game.

Posted : February 13, 2017 5:04 PM
(@gunshy)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Weirdly, I haven't been on in a very long time, and I happened to get back on a year minus a day after this post...

Posted : February 13, 2018 4:20 AM
sheddingmyskin
(@sheddingmyskin)

Hey Gunshy, great questions. What a great way to add fuel to a conspiracies plausibility. I have been on he unfortunate side of many DDOS attacks, working in the video game industry. It's really expensive to justify DDOS protection compared to the actual service being provided, and unless you have a great hosting facility, the logging of advanced 'hacking' attacks is not available.

At any rate, I would be interested to know if the info is available.

Posted : February 15, 2018 1:06 AM
(@gunshy)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Holy crap, didn't expect to have this question featured in a Q&A. Made my friggin' day! Feel like a star now.

I'm ready for my close-up 😎

Posted : May 24, 2018 12:00 AM
Share: