Clear all

Philosophical Preparation of Cannabis Sativa: Quintessence of the Great Cain

12 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
fairland
(@fairland)
Topic starter

http://www.naturalbornalchemist.com/episodes/2018/8/19/episode-188-quintessence-of-cannabis

A really great interview about Western Hermetic Alchemy. Highly recommended.

Posted : August 20, 2018 10:45 PM
(@shamangineer)
Noble Member

Thanks for the post, 1 episode down 187 to go.

Posted : August 22, 2018 6:16 AM
(@chukobyte)
Trusted Member

fairland wrote: http://www.naturalbornalchemist.com/episodes/2018/8/19/episode-188-quintessence-of-cannabis

A really great interview about Western Hermetic Alchemy. Highly recommended.

Nice, thanks for sharing!

Posted : August 22, 2018 11:08 AM
fairland
(@fairland)
Topic starter

Hey Shamangineer, really enjoyed your talks. The process in this book is quite laborious, and based on Isaac Hollandus' work. Another slightly easier way to obtain a plant Quintessence is to make an "Ens Melissa". Ens is the name of the process, and Melissa is the most commonly used plant, although the process works with any fresh plant.

Posted : August 22, 2018 6:24 PM
(@shamangineer)
Noble Member

I have come across the ens process before, but from what I have found the method requires the correct "weather" for making the angel water so that it performs as described by Paracelsus (shedding and rejuvenation), but I have not specifically found what that refers to. I doubt it is atmospheric weather, but space weather and would require a specific flavor of chi / orgone energy being modulated by planetary alignments.

Processes interacting with this energy in a reinforcing manner at appropriate times and the correct use of the "inner fire" of the mind (or bioplasma) seems to me to be the missing ingredients that true alchemists dance around and point to with cryptic language leaving the precise relationship to be intuited in most cases. I figured this out a while ago, but it will take quite a bit of deciphering and mapping in a cross-referential manner to determine the appropriate relationships and I haven't found a rosetta stone to send me hurtling headlong down that path yet. So far as I can tell these methods and the theoretical framework utilizing them are what separates chemists from alchemists. At the moment I am a theoretical alchemist working to find enough information to determine these relationships so that I can move forward into the experimental realm without going completely mad and turning my home into a chemists lab. I don't think these relationships are as critical to generation of the lesser work (white stone) but are paramount to correctly working on the great work (red stone) and the more potent potions. I may be wrong, but at the moment this is my best guess and what I think has been lost to a large degree between the earlier forms and most modern alchemy being espoused (aside from those "modern alchemists" who think it is purely a psychological framework for mental and spiritual transmutation).

Posted : August 25, 2018 2:11 PM
(@shamangineer)
Noble Member

One thing I am looking at as a possible Rosetta for this conundrum is biodynamic agriculture.

Posted : August 25, 2018 2:40 PM
fairland
(@fairland)
Topic starter

Well, you are certainly correct that the deeper tradition is quite a labyrinth full of red herrings and dead ends. The Ens of a plant does not rely on any outside cosmic influence, but comes from the life of the plant itself. There are ways to improve the traditional recipe, it's the mechanics of the extraction that allow the liberation of the Ens. I don't know anyone who has experienced what Paracelsus describes from a plant Ens, but it is profound none the less. It is very efficient at rousing the dragon within.

Posted : August 25, 2018 4:13 PM
(@shamangineer)
Noble Member

Thanks for sharing your experience, sorry I didn't reply sooner it's been crazy week. I will definitely try Ens Melissa at some point and PM you for further details about improvements to the recipe.

Posted : September 1, 2018 12:20 AM
(@shamangineer)
Noble Member

I don't want to discount your experience, but I do have reasons for thinking as I do:

https://innergarden.org/en/ens

https://dartigne.blogspot.com/2014/07/the-primum-ens-melissae-problem.html

Posted : September 1, 2018 3:12 PM
fairland
(@fairland)
Topic starter

No worries, I made a rather bold statement to generate some discussion. Those are great links, in fact Salazius was on that podcast a while back. Following the standard recipe from Inner Garden will work well and is rather easy to do. It works best if everything can be kept as dry as possible.

Posted : September 2, 2018 7:18 PM
(@thunderchicken)
Eminent Member

This was over my head? I gotta listen to this again. It sounds like making a tincture with the whole plant. Like making Simpson oil. Where's the difference? I'm still trying to determine the difference between alchemy and chemistry.

Posted : September 12, 2018 2:04 PM
(@shamangineer)
Noble Member

Chemistry deals with the atomic bonds. Alchemy transforms the material into a spiritually-enhanced elixir. One does this by slowly converting (in the wet method) metal ions into microclusters which have remarkable properties like partial levitation, superconductivity, chemical inertness, and consciousness-altering effects. This is just one aspect of alchemical philosophy though.

http://www.halexandria.org/dward471.htm

Posted : September 14, 2018 1:48 AM
Share: