Michigan outdoors

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Teratiodllama
(@teratiodllama)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I would like to invite any and all fellow explores, wanders, gypsies, and nomads to share stories and pictures of your travels in Michigan. It doesn’t have to be anything supernatural, (yes please include those if you have them!!) but more about the places you go in the mitten state to find peace, either inner or outer. I hike in northern MI alot alot so expect many many pictures of trees and other assorted plant and wildlife from me. That being said I am very much interested in where you city dwellers escape too as well.
Cheers weirdos!!

Posted : July 8, 2021 5:54 PM
(@alogan)

Funny, I'm heading to Detroit for the first time in a few weeks. Would love to have some natural respite from the city while I'm there.

Posted : July 9, 2021 6:48 PM
(@orchid20)
Estimable Member

Mackinac Island is always interesting - no cars allowed. I visited 20 years ago and biked around the island. You have to keep an eye on the road for the many small mountains of horse poop. Not fun plowing through one of those on a fat tired bike while going downhill... Otherwise a very beautiful place with the ultra-bougie Grand Hotel which was a popular movie setting.

Speaking of mountains, back in college I went on a few ski trips up to Iron Mountain, which were great from what I can remember. I had a few more places to mention but I now realize they are actually in Minnesota instead 🙂 The northern shorline of Superior between Duluth and Grand Marais is a beautiful place to hike or bike in the early autumn.

BTW I'd click on the picture but I am paranoid and this IS a conspiracy forum.:cool: Are tracking pixels still a thing?

Posted : July 10, 2021 2:20 PM
Teratiodllama
(@teratiodllama)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

orchid20 wrote:
Mackinac Island is always interesting - no cars allowed. I visited 20 years ago and biked around the island. You have to keep an eye on the road for the many small mountains of horse poop. Not fun plowing through one of those on a fat tired bike while going downhill... Otherwise a very beautiful place with the ultra-bougie Grand Hotel which was a popular movie setting.

Speaking of mountains, back in college I went on a few ski trips up to Iron Mountain, which were great from what I can remember. I had a few more places to mention but I now realize they are actually in Minnesota instead 🙂 The northern shorline of Superior between Duluth and Grand Marais is a beautiful place to hike or bike in the early autumn.

BTW I'd click on the picture but I am paranoid and this IS a conspiracy forum.:cool: Are tracking pixels still a thing?

Bwahaha you’re good. It’s just a picture of some trees out in one of our state forests. I totally agree with the Lake Superior shore line. I’m a huge fan of the Upper Peninsula.

Posted : July 12, 2021 3:11 PM
Teratiodllama
(@teratiodllama)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Speaking of the Upper Peninsula

Posted : July 12, 2021 3:16 PM
Share: