Notifications
Clear all

Dr. Stephen Skinner

9 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@general_urko)
Topic starter

Sorry, but this episode blew my mind. Binding spirits to help bind other spirits? I am personally afraid to dabble in chaos magik and this guy is translating ancient grimoirs and bending trans-dimensional entities to his bidding. WTF!
Greg, please keep us appraised on you experimentation into magik, it is fascinating.

Posted : June 14, 2017 5:16 AM
(@sacroff)
Eminent Member

That guy was really hard core about his approach to subject. It was as General Urko said, fascinating. Completely different to say Gordon White, but he was equally interesting to listen to in his own way.

He definitely made me want to go out into some ancient wood and bind something!

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Posted : June 14, 2017 9:45 AM
(@hatzman)
Eminent Member

Great episode.
One thing I don't quite understand is, what happens when you bind a spirit? As in, why do it? Is it as simple as "if you bind spirit x you get y"?

I'll probably give some of his materials a read, though can't say I liked his style of "you'll just have to believe me... Oh and I can't really tell you how to do any of it".

But that said, thoroughly enjoyed the episode. Love these magic topics.

Posted : June 14, 2017 7:21 PM
nickzeptepi
(@nickzeptepi)
Honorable Member

general urko wrote: Sorry, but this episode blew my mind. Binding spirits to help bind other spirits? I am personally afraid to dabble in chaos magik and this guy is translating ancient grimoirs and bending trans-dimensional entities to his bidding. WTF!
Greg, please keep us appraised on you experimentation into magik, it is fascinating.

" Bending" LOL

Posted : June 16, 2017 10:14 AM
nickzeptepi
(@nickzeptepi)
Honorable Member

hatzman wrote: Great episode.
One thing I don't quite understand is, what happens when you bind a spirit? As in, why do it? Is it as simple as "if you bind spirit x you get y"?

I'll probably give some of his materials a read, though can't say I liked his style of "you'll just have to believe me... Oh and I can't really tell you how to do any of it".

It's a bit like all the science guys that claim big bang, dark matter etc. No proof, some strange stuff they've noticed which they've extrapolated back to the one big science miracle that explains everything if you just believe.

Posted : June 16, 2017 10:17 AM
nickzeptepi
(@nickzeptepi)
Honorable Member

I'm half way through it at the moment, he's like the best snowboarder explaining all the tricks to us peeps who've never seen snow.
I'd like to know more starter stuff like finding & binding your own daimon he mentioned quite matter of factly.

Great episode
Thanks

Posted : June 16, 2017 10:24 AM
(@thecarlwood)
Bossman Admin

hatzman wrote: Great episode.

My understanding of binding is that it just helps the connection stay strong for the duration of a conjuring. Imagine that a telephone worked in a way that you dial someone up (summon) and then when they answer the phone you had to push a button to keep them on the line or it would fade off (bind) and then after you secure the connection, commune with the spirit, and make your requests, you then make sure to fully complete the conversation, tell them they are free to get off the call, and completely sever the connection. (release/license to depart)

I think that's a good way to think of the conjuring process so that it makes sense. I've tried one real conjuring, of a treasure hunting spirit named Birto. It was part of Gordon's Grimoire course. Nothing much happened, but I also didn't follow the rules to a T because of limitations of a less than perfect environment.

Personally, I would urge people to start more with sigil magic b/c it seems less risky, less taxing, and applies directly to improving your life. When you see results from it, you'll know there's something to it.

Posted : June 18, 2017 7:35 PM
(@hatzman)
Eminent Member

Thanks for the response Greg, that does clear things up a bit.

Posted : June 19, 2017 5:04 AM
rawconsciousness
(@rawconsciousness)

Herbs need some attention here too, interesting podcast at Rune Soup with Gordon White, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ypEi69ugCM or her web site here http://www.bloodandspicebush.com/ ...interesting stuff indeed!

Posted : June 20, 2017 9:36 AM
Share: