Text on THC iPhone ...

Notifications
Clear all

Text on THC iPhone app - any other app suggestions?

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@geminirising192)
Topic starter

Hi fellow THC'ers, just wondering if anyone else struggles with the text on the iPhone app. The font type mixed with the colour choices makes it really hard for my eyes to focus on what I'm reading, I feel a bit dizzy when I'm reading what each episode is about.

I know this is probably a really minor issue but thought I'd put it out there incase anyone else has experienced the same issue.

I still feel very new to the whole podcast world, I've been listening to THC for a few years on the iPhone podcast app and just signed up for plus. Any help/advice with getting the plus show on the iPhone app or any other apps to use would be very much appreciated.

As well as any other great podcast channel suggestions; Im yet to find a show I enjoy even half as much as THC.

Posted : August 8, 2016 2:49 AM
(@chromerhino)
Estimable Member

I don't have access to an iPhone to check out the app so I can't help you. Sorry.

Posted : August 11, 2016 7:30 PM
enjoypolo
(@enjoypolo)
Member Moderator

Hello Fellow,

I don't seem to notice any especially dizzy fonts/colors, it's pretty much white fonts on a black background.
Where I do feel frustrated though is the overall experience of listening. You see, most perceptions depend on the experiences and how it feels. The content is important but the way you experience it matters at least as much in my opinion. I love the THC+ and the gained contents but I do feel it paradoxical that paying for Plus lessens the experience by forcing users onto this exclusive platform, that does not get updated often (if ever).

For me, what kills me, though I'm used to it now, is when I listen to an episode walking outside and when later I try to resume, it's lost track of where it stopped, thus having to manually locate it, with the buggy displayed timelines. Though the plus side to that, is that it made me relisten to parts that opened new insights.

So what to do? I'm not sure. On the one hand, going back to Apple's podcast app seems to deliver a better option. On the other, I like the THC Plus system where people get to listen half the show for free.

Posted : September 6, 2016 11:30 PM
Share: