Clear all

Message posted out of order

10 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@shamangineer)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Not quite sure what happened to make my message to show up out of order or how one might go about fixing it, the darndest thing. . .

[attachment file=4709]

Posted : July 6, 2016 1:26 AM
(@chromerhino)
Estimable Member

I tried to figure out how to rearrange the order but there are no options for such a task. I guess we will just have to deal with it.

Posted : August 1, 2016 7:20 AM
satyagraha
(@satyagraha)
Estimable Member

Is the whole forum broken?

It says to me that no one has posted in 20 hours, 39 minutes, but I posted in that same thread seven hours later than that and I see my post there.

It won't let me edit my posts, going to an Error page instead of an edit window.

I stated a new topic and under my name, it says I have started one topic, yet the topic didn't come up in that forum where I could see it.

Is there something about how this forum works that I don't know or understand? Or, as I asked, has the whole board gone tits up?

Posted : August 30, 2016 2:50 AM
satyagraha
(@satyagraha)
Estimable Member

Still nothing is working for me here as far as my posts and threads being visible to me. It's pretty frustrating, as I was hoping to have some good discussions. I think it was working properly for a day or two when I first registered. If I start a topic it seems to go into a black hole, and I don't even believe in black holes!

Call this post a test to see if I can edit today, or if it shows up as a fresh post. I am pretty sure neither will be the case, and no one will see it unless someone happens to look under this thread title which says its last posting was "1 month ago" by chromerhino. Under the heading, "Troubleshooting" the freshest post says "2 weeks, 5 days ago" by chromerhino. This post likely will not be acknowledged under "Freshness."

Begin test....

Posted : August 31, 2016 5:30 PM
satyagraha
(@satyagraha)
Estimable Member

As usual, when I clicked, "Submit," it went to a blank white screen.

When I hit, "edit," I get this:

500 Server Error
A misconfiguration on the server caused a hiccup. Check the server logs, fix the problem, then try again. URL: http://www.thehighersidechatsplus.com/forums/reply/5472/edit/

I sent a message to chromerhino -- August 29, 2016 at 6:30 PM -- which got no reply.

Posted : August 31, 2016 5:36 PM
satyagraha
(@satyagraha)
Estimable Member

So, I just posted a new topic under, "The Carlwood Q & A," called, "Why Doesn't This Forum Work For Me?," and it seems to have failed. No notice of it under "Freshness."

I could get pretty good at pissin' into the wind eventually if I keep practicing.

Posted : August 31, 2016 6:16 PM
satyagraha
(@satyagraha)
Estimable Member

Testing...

Posted : September 6, 2016 3:50 PM
(@olchuckfort)

Same. Seems like the whole forum is broken. I was looking to get more involved and posted an introduction in that section a few days ago. If it's in the list it definitely didn't go to the top of the order. Still findable by searching for the title though...

Posted : September 9, 2016 12:40 AM
satyagraha
(@satyagraha)
Estimable Member

Great Goddess, I had thought I awakened the day after tomorrow and I was the only one walking these streets. I didn't know if I was the only one who could see my posts. Soon it was like, just to see another human, if only to see them scamper off into the shadows, at least there would be some hope. Now, how to get the posts to the fresh lists? How to be seen and heard, to have community again after this apocalyptic glitchapalooza. Hellllllllllp, is there a technician in therrrrrre?

Posted : September 10, 2016 5:34 PM
(@msjenkin)

I have been having the same issues with the forum, Ive been trying to post some guest requests but I get the same white screen when I submit. I tried to search for my posts and did see that they were posted but way out of order. Very frustrating. I am definitely trying to get involved with the THC forum community but won't be able to if the forum doesn't work!!

Posted : September 23, 2016 1:27 PM
Share: