Clear all

How do you divine?

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@chillcrab)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Wondering what everyone’s preferred divination techniques are and how long they’ve been divining. I utilize Tarot and oracle decks as well as Runes occasionally.
My go-to decks are the Tarot Mucha, the Sacred Earth Oracle deck, and the Wild Unknown deck by Kim Krans. I have been reading cards for close to 4 years now but started getting more serious in the last year or so. Still not anywhere close to reading professionally, but I really enjoy the practice of reading my cards & the cards of friends & family. That being said, I don’t have a lot of experience reading tarot from a distance, but I’d be interested in giving it a go if you let me know your intentions/question for the reading.

Posted : April 10, 2021 2:04 PM
Neuron Crux
(@neuron-crux)
Estimable Member

I have never used Tarot much for divination, but I do meditate on the images quite a bit.
I grew up teaching myself to read and write with Runes, and have used them for divination over the years.
When I give readings for the general public, I typically use an old-fashioned looking deck of ordinary playing cards, which I interpret using a combination of numerology, cold reading, and intuition.
Recently I have gotten into the I-Ching, or the alternate spelling Yi-Jing that my teacher uses. It goes so much deeper than standard divination, but I'm still unpacking it and have a long way to go.

Posted : May 30, 2021 12:18 AM
jdaneway
(@jdaneway)
Trusted Member

I use a Marseille deck, but I get better results from my pendulum, meditating/scrying, and automatic writing. Wish I knew I-Ching and Runes. I've had a few visions of runes and other symbols I can't figure out. Happy divining!

Posted : May 30, 2021 11:55 PM
(@samtran72)
Eminent Member

I think whatever works for you works for you. I love the Tarot (have you listened to 'Fortune's Wheelhouse' podcast? It's great) but I don't have a great connection with it, except for people - they tell me who I'll meet that day. My little Neff doesn't believe in divination but the cards LOVE him, his draws play out literally, visibly on the same day - Hanged Man? Met a one eyed doggo on a leash. Four of Swords? Met a group of Saxon re - enactors sparring in the park. Empress + 1W +10S? Mum burned the lasagne and wasn't best pleased. That sort of thing. My most workable divination seems to be earworm divination - songs stuck in my head or randomly heard seem to correspond to events later in the day. Is that a thing for anyone else?

Posted : June 2, 2021 9:07 AM
jdaneway
(@jdaneway)
Trusted Member

samtran72 wrote:
I think whatever works for you works for you. I love the Tarot (have you listened to 'Fortune's Wheelhouse' podcast? It's great) but I don't have a great connection with it, except for people - they tell me who I'll meet that day. My little Neff doesn't believe in divination but the cards LOVE him, his draws play out literally, visibly on the same day - Hanged Man? Met a one eyed doggo on a leash. Four of Swords? Met a group of Saxon re - enactors sparring in the park. Empress + 1W +10S? Mum burned the lasagne and wasn't best pleased. That sort of thing. My most workable divination seems to be earworm divination - songs stuck in my head or randomly heard seem to correspond to events later in the day. Is that a thing for anyone else?

Ooh - gotta check out that podcast. My sister and I both feel our departed mother speaks to us in songs. We also smell smoke when she's around - she was a smoker.

Posted : June 2, 2021 5:18 PM
(@samtran72)
Eminent Member

Aw that's lovely - it's nice to feel their presence x

Posted : June 5, 2021 9:24 PM
(@cbrown)

I use playing cards. Although most people prefer that I use tarot cards.

Posted : March 13, 2022 7:09 AM
Share: