Clear all

Other Podcasts - Story based, investigative journalism etc

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@smaaaddy)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Hope this is ok to post. I listen to true crime podcasts and investigative stuff quite a lot in addition to THC type shows.
I thought we could share here?

Recently I listened to a really good one called S*** Town. It starts with a man writing into a radio station asking for them to investigate a murder he believes has occured. The story goes from them but it really ends up being about John B Macklemore, the guy who wrote in, about his life and who he is. I really enjoyed it, extremely funny and interesting, I dont wanna spoil it for anyone but I want to talk about it.

Has anyone listened?

Do you have any other recommendations?

I've also listened to:
The Shrink Next Door - about a man whos psychiatrist turned him into a slave

Death in Ice Valley - investigating the mysterious death of a mysterious woman in Scandinavia decades ago, thought to be a spy

The Turning: The sisters who left - this is about mother teresas sect/cult/convent, very eye opening indeed

Will leave it there for now

Posted : August 4, 2021 9:58 AM
 JH
(@jh)
Reputable Member

I listened to Shittown back when it came out. Fascinating guy.

Posted : August 4, 2021 1:14 PM
(@smaaaddy)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

jh1517 wrote:
I listened to Shittown back when it came out. Fascinating guy.

Very much so

Posted : August 4, 2021 3:25 PM
 JH
(@jh)
Reputable Member

Posted : August 4, 2021 4:05 PM
(@smaaaddy)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

I really identified with John too except we are from the direct opposite demographic, him and I have similar personality traits I think

Posted : August 4, 2021 7:18 PM
(@oneeyeopen)

Thanks for this! Needed a break from the inanity graphene oxide inducing death juice!

Posted : August 5, 2021 12:20 AM
(@smaaaddy)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

The Immaculate Deception is another good one. About a fertility doctor who decided to use his own sperm and now has 10s of offspring all living in a relatively small area. All with distinctive features.
Its sad and funny, but funny a lot of the time, especially how some of the children take it...

Posted : August 5, 2021 7:56 AM
Share: