Clear all

New to THC Plus

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@ptmcsd)
Topic starter

Hello:

After being a fan for a few months I decided to support Greg and join the plus.

I first got interested in alternative theories when I worked in the US Senate back in the early 90s (before the inundation of the current netscape). Constituents would write in letters with all kinds of crazy theories about everything from JFK to UFOs to Clinton, before that I always thought that history was the truth. As I started reading more and was introduced to various books and, eventually, websites I got more into it.

My political career included some time working for the Brady anti-gun violence campaign. Note: I'm a 2nd amendment supporter and wanted to work for the campaign to make sure that they didn't take rights away - I do believe in background checks and waiting periods are in line with the original intent of the 2nd amendment but not taking guns away. It was interesting to be 'behind the scenes' to watch how political stories are made

I've been out of politics for many years but I was only a few blocks away from the White House the morning of 9/11... there were so many rumors including a potential bomb at the state department that I immediately sensed something was up.

Long story short: I'm not sure if I believe in many of the theories proposed by Greg's guests but I am certainly open to the ideas and think that many have some merits and foundations in reality. Personally I keep reverting to the fact that if Clinton couldn't get a blowjob from a heavyset intern without the world finding out then it would be hard to keep serious conspiracies silent, but then again so many people seem to turn up deceased that it certainly creates an air of mystery.

Bottom line is that history is full of data points - and I love how various researchers can uncover data points to create alternative explanations for what has been put forth as the 'real story.' I certainly DO NOT believe in the corporate news overloads and am hesitant to believe that conspiracies are true but do firmly feel that the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Greg does an awesome job, one thing I really like is the fact he keeps the conversation flowing and does not go into stupid, incessant tangents about trite jokes with the guests (Nerdist, I'm looking at you). I'm stoked to finally be supporting Greg and look forward to hearing many more alternative theories in the coming months and years.

Posted : February 23, 2016 2:35 AM
Share: