Notifications
Clear all

I Finally Expose Myself................

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@glenngoats67)
Topic starter

Another Ayup from West Yorkshire here, yes, the land where the people of Winterfell come from. I have been listening for a considerable amount of time now, and find THC to be absolutely without comparison. Thanks, Greg, for exponentially widening my horizons more than I could imagine. Now, I wonder what anyone else thinks about my theory that Jimmy Saville helped Fix It for Peter Sutcliffe (the Yorkshire Ripper) by accompanying him on his murderous forays. Thanks.

Posted : May 11, 2017 9:45 PM
(@thecarlwood)
Bossman Admin

Cheers! Thanks for signing up. I really don't know anything about the Yorkshire Ripper, but I wouldn't put much past Saville.

Posted : June 13, 2017 10:23 PM
(@sacroff)
Eminent Member

I'm still struggling with the whole Jimmy Saville thing. This is the first time I've brought this up with anyone but my wife, but I came into contact with Saville several times when I was a kid and by kid I mean when I was between the ages of 4 and 7. Once a year he would bring a whole fleet of black cabs to the local old people's home next to where I lived and take the old folk for a day trip to the beach. Now this was 40+ years ago, but he'd pick up the local kids in the neighbour hood and hand out gifts to us all and take us for a trip in the cabs around the local park.

I was basically alone in a cab with Saville on at least 3 occasions for 10 or 15 mins, so were all my friends in the neighbourhood. I don't recall ever feeling worried or threatened or hearing anything from the other kids. Of course give 5 year old a bag of sweets and it's probably very easy to make them feel happy. However, I still can't understand why I wouldn't have had some sense of wrongness about the guy.

I'm not saying he isn't the person the press have made him out to be, but none of these things appeared to come out when he was alive. It's a strange one I think.

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Posted : June 14, 2017 9:39 AM
Share: