Clear all

Hello from Gold Country

10 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@originaljim)
Topic starter

Hello TCH fam!
Been listening for a couple months. Still about 2 years back, thought it about time to become a Plus-member. It's so obvious how much love and care Greg puts into this cast. IMO this is the best of the best of fringe-subject podcasts. I've sampled many, unsubscribed from most.

Posted : October 7, 2019 4:14 PM
(@jack_daft)
Estimable Member

Yeah buddy! Welcome to the group.

Posted : October 9, 2019 9:30 PM
(@originaljim)
Topic starter

Thanks dude. Already love having the full 2-hour eps!

Posted : October 9, 2019 9:35 PM
(@jack_daft)
Estimable Member

Greg does too good of a job with the free hour! You don’t actually realize what you are missing until you take that plunge.

I listened to his entire available free catalogue and a couple of months ago signed on to Plus. I’m listening back through them all again and it is legitimately like hearing an entirely new podcast.

Posted : October 9, 2019 9:39 PM
(@originaljim)
Topic starter

Are you listening to every one, or do you cherry pick? There are so many, I've started cherry picking. Personally I'm more into paranormal and Illuminati stuff.

Posted : October 9, 2019 9:43 PM
(@jack_daft)
Estimable Member

I listen to them all..
..but some while playing video games.

I don’t have a favorite genre, I think that I am a generalist when it comes to conspiracy. Question every damn thing.

Though I have to say that I prefer the more exotic topics that have me questioning my paradigm.

I already understand that politicians are corrupt. I don’t blink an eye at the fact that the central banking system is intentionally oppressing the populace.

But when I hear some shit like the moon is projecting reality down upon the planet, or that CERN and the Mandela Effect is the reason why I remember losing my virginity at 15 but everyone else tells me that it wasn’t until 17...when I hear that kind of episode..I put down Icewind Dale and I listen.

Posted : October 9, 2019 9:50 PM
(@originaljim)
Topic starter

Icewind Dale, old school, nice. I'm a gamer from way back in the 80s.

Posted : October 9, 2019 9:57 PM
(@jack_daft)
Estimable Member

I started with the Aquarius.

Some of my fondest memories were with that strange little system.

I recently bought one. Got all nostalgic for a few days.

I have had the gaming bug since I was 5. Passed it on to my own son.

Escapism at its best. That and books. I have been denying this culturally accepted, objective perception of reality almost my entire life.

Posted : October 9, 2019 10:06 PM
(@originaljim)
Topic starter

Hell yeah! Sears Pong, then Atari, VIC-20, Commodore 64, Comic books, sci-fi/fantasy, D&D, anime.. etc. I'm all about subjective reality. Very little of our reality is truly objective.

Posted : October 9, 2019 10:09 PM
(@jack_daft)
Estimable Member

Wolverine. X-Force.

Frank Herbert. Phillip Jose Farmer. Margret Weiss and Tracy Hickman.

Basic D&D up to 4th edition...which killed the buzz for me.

Ghost in the Machine. Perfect Blue.

Yeah, looks like we may have moved across a fairly parallel path my friend.

Posted : October 9, 2019 10:16 PM
Share: