Notifications
Clear all

Aloha Awakened Amigos! I'm Chance.

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@innerverse)
Topic starter

Nice to be here on the THC forums. I have a good feeling about this place...

Social media is the most disappointing way to waste time, and I often wonder why I totally fail to connect with people through that medium. Perhaps if I spend some time in a classic forum setting with people who I'd actually want to talk to in real life, I will find good information and legitimate connections.

So with those lofty expectations in place, I'll introduce myself as Chance. I've just finished my 28th winter and it was a weird one... There is some good evidence to suggest that the change in ages heralded by the equinoctial procession of the sun was a threshold we actually crossed in the end of December 2017, not 2012 as many have said. For me, that certainly seems true, as 2017 was the year of the "real" red pill reality check, where I finally saw behind the curtain into the darkest corners of Self that we call the external world. Rampant ritual abuse and sacrifice, the cult of authority and statism, and the solipsistic "New Age/Cage" movement that saps people of their desire to rebel against evil or stand up for truth (because truth is like, relative, man).

My backstory is the same old Christian (Southern Baptist) brainwashing and public school indoctrination as many, with a terrible diet and no real guidance about how the world works from any "authority figures" in my life. After the extraordinarily disillusioning experience of graduating college only to have to move back in with my folks and get a job at their business, Life finally showed me the path. Thanks to some light experimentation with magic mushrooms and starting a heavy-use cannabis regimen, I was finally loosened up enough by good influence friends to go out to a big music festival in Arkansas (Wakarusa), and that's when my psychedelic journey really launched. My first LSD experience reminded me of my mission for incarnating, which was to help heal the world. Had no idea what the hell that meant and floundered for quite some time while exploring various interests that psychedelics had re-awoken in me, particularly with creating art. Here's a link to a few of my doodles.

Relentless truth seeking through videos, podcasts and books built a mountain of raw knowledge within me but I could never shape it into anything more than a wobbly jenga-tower of uncertain connections, until I made a friend who really helped me see that there was such a thing as Truth and we could know it, and it wasn't relative.

To sum up the conversation:
Friend: "Do you think that absolute Truth exists?"
Me: "Well, uh, ya know, we all have to find our own truth, right? So it's relative to each of us, there's no absolute truth."
Friend: "Is that statement true?"
Me: ...

So upon regaining my philosophical foundation and realizing Truth was knowable, I suddenly had a sturdy foundation to start putting together the building blocks of scattered knowledge that I carried about the occult, magic, biology, physics, and all the other interesting shit you might explore as a young person. This new rock-solid mindset led me to all kinds of sources of information that I was happily willing to remain ignorant about previously--such as the many topics that are covered by THC. I only wish I had gotten into Greg's show sooner than 2017, but I'll certainly enjoy the ride of going through the archives.

This post really turned into a long thing, didn't it?
I want to mention that I've been creating a podcast called InnerVerse for about 2 years now and I think THC fans would dig it. We have very similar styles of show, which is kind of a sychronistic thing because I was already podcasting when I found THC. I'll do a more detailed post about my podcast at a later point on a more appropriate board.

If you read all this, wow, kudos to you and thanks for checking out my ramble.
Send me a follow or friend request or whatever they've got on this board, and I'll readily accept and check out whatever it is you've got to share.
Much love y'all
-Chance

Posted : January 4, 2018 8:24 PM
enjoypolo
(@enjoypolo)
Member Moderator

Cheers to you Chance. I'm glad more and more people are connecting through various platforms, including this amazing show THC.
I can certainly agree with you that 2017 was a heck of a year, both externally and internally for myself. Personally, I spent a lot of time digging stuff, and trying to work with my shadows. Still at it, but I'm looking forward to make some concrete moves this year (starting an online business, new career changes, manifesting some wishes through chaos magic, and god knows what!).
Good to luck in your endeavours mate, and keep up the good vibes.

Posted : January 7, 2018 1:10 AM
(@donnyroy)

Hello!!! I’m glad you’re here too. I suck with social media (checking it at least) but it’s great to have you a part of this community. Namaste and cheers!

Posted : January 9, 2018 3:34 AM
(@innerverse)
Topic starter

donnyroy wrote: Hello!!! I’m glad you’re here too. I suck with social media (checking it at least) but it’s great to have you a part of this community. Namaste and cheers!

One year later, thanks for the reply, balanced vibes and harmony of mind to you friend!

Posted : January 30, 2019 9:46 PM
(@chukobyte)
Trusted Member

I just read this for the first time so I'm way late, but welcome to the community! Many things were revealed to me as well in 2017 and I think I may have a better idea of the path that I want to follow because of it. 2018 was definitely the year I put some of those plans into action. Anyways, thanks for sharing and I wish you the best!

Posted : January 30, 2019 11:14 PM
Share: