Segment on coping w...

Notifications
Clear all

Segment on coping with these troubling times?

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@no_idols)
Topic starter

Could be really nice to talk about how to make the best of the state of the world given how extreme things are getting on a material and metaphysical level...

How've yall been dealing with things?

Posted : August 23, 2020 6:07 AM
(@ventureboy)

@no_idols I like the topic of discussion. Are you thinking along the lines of mental health, curious interest, or general survivability?

Posted : August 24, 2020 3:39 PM
(@smipapa)

1. Personal well-being has to be first - if we're not taking care of ourselves, we can't be of service anywhere else
a. Lots of isolation personally, I'm deep in blue territory
2. Legal implications
a. we should all be calling our local county and city council meetings and speaking up during public comment periods. Don't use Fox News talking points, stick with the facts... we need to assemble a list
b. class action lawsuits - some are starting to form, they'll take forever to stop the current state of affairs
3. Direction actions
a. Peaceful Non-compliance - channel Gandhi, but hold on to your convictions
b. Protests are great, but the Media spins them to fit the narrative. I watched hours of the Berlin live stream, common folks, familes, hippies, rainbow peace flags and German Imperial Flag. But then 12 hours later, the world news services all had the same talking points: right-wingers, neo-nazi's, anti-vaxxers and conspiracy theorists. Same as it always was.
4. Solution building
a. I've been diving deeper into Agorism - the principles are sound, but there's still the problem of jackbooted thugs that do whatever they're told. I'd like to run off into a rural area, but I've seen many militarized sheriffs now too...
5. Safe Havens - we should assemble a list of counties, states, etc that are favorable to the cause of liberty -- very telling that the red/blue divide has made this less of an option. If you're not white, there are so many less options - would love to know what parts of the US and the World embrace social diversity, abhor bigotry, and support liberty and personal sovereignty... I'm fooling myself right?

Posted : August 31, 2020 7:51 AM
Share: