seaspiracy

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@idefix)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q5CXN7soQg trailer for the documentary

i found the most facinating about this one is the green labels, and hinting on to the climate change debate is bullshit. worth a watch

Posted : March 27, 2021 5:51 PM
(@emghee22)
Eminent Member

My problem with the people who tout climate change is that they're usually the people who own 80-room mansions and have multiple cars and jets. How come you never see any of those clowns making documentaries about downsizing and moving into an energy efficient trailer? How come you never see them scrapping and recycling their private jets? How come no one calls them out for their hypocrisy?
I think the new cringe ad campaign from "science moms" is a perfect example. You have these ads with shitty suspenseful music that uses fluffy words like "food insecurity" instead of just calling it a famine. Not a single mention of making countries like China adopt the same regulations and eco restrictions we have in the US and Europe. If anything, foreign governments protect deregulation over there so they can continue to increase their bottom line on our backs.
There's also no mention that the same companies who sponsored said ads are the same ones who are pumping toxic waste into the earth, especially right now since most EPA regulations were suspended due to a little lab accident they keep denying. Please note that if you run into a "science mom" who preaches this lie and call them out for their gas-guzzling SUV and slave-made heavy metal-filled phone they take the defensive and say that they NEED these things in order to continue their comfortable lifestyle yet somehow the cancer-ridden slave who lives on less than a dollar a day doesn't need basic utilities. I see a whole lot of talk about "change" and the "future" but I'm not seeing any genuine effort to put their money where their mouths are.

Posted : August 27, 2021 7:53 PM
(@idefix)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

EmGhee22 wrote:
My problem with the people who tout climate change is that they're usually the people who own 80-room mansions and have multiple cars and jets. How come you never see any of those clowns making documentaries about downsizing and moving into an energy efficient trailer? How come you never see them scrapping and recycling their private jets? How come no one calls them out for their hypocrisy?
I think the new cringe ad campaign from "science moms" is a perfect example. You have these ads with shitty suspenseful music that uses fluffy words like "food insecurity" instead of just calling it a famine. Not a single mention of making countries like China adopt the same regulations and eco restrictions we have in the US and Europe. If anything, foreign governments protect deregulation over there so they can continue to increase their bottom line on our backs.
There's also no mention that the same companies who sponsored said ads are the same ones who are pumping toxic waste into the earth, especially right now since most EPA regulations were suspended due to a little lab accident they keep denying. Please note that if you run into a "science mom" who preaches this lie and call them out for their gas-guzzling SUV and slave-made heavy metal-filled phone they take the defensive and say that they NEED these things in order to continue their comfortable lifestyle yet somehow the cancer-ridden slave who lives on less than a dollar a day doesn't need basic utilities. I see a whole lot of talk about "change" and the "future" but I'm not seeing any genuine effort to put their money where their mouths are.

100% agree,

Posted : August 31, 2021 7:10 AM
(@emghee22)
Eminent Member

idefix wrote:
100% agree,

I'm just sayin!!!! XD

Posted : September 17, 2021 11:52 PM
Share: