Heartburn relief. G...

Notifications
Clear all

Heartburn relief. Getting off Prilosec/Omeprazole acid blockers for natural cures.

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
UintasTrip
(@uintastrip)
Topic starter

I've suffered from heart burn/acid reflux for the last 20 years. I've been taking Prilosec (Omeprazole) for about 12 years. I had my gallbladder removed about 10 years ago. The Prilosec pretty much eliminates heartburn for me but it is your typical nasty pharmaceutical. It blocks the acid that your body needs to properly break down vitamins and nutrients. So you can become deficient in several key areas. Newer research is showing that people that take Prilosec long term like me have a very high rate of liver failure. Once you take the pill for a few weeks your body becomes dependent on it. When I would try and get off the pills my heartburn became much worse than before I started.

I started doing some research and talked to some chiropractors. Every thing would lead back to apple cider vinegar. I've tried this so many times and it does not work for me. It makes me throw up which causes much more pain. I finally got fed up up enough to quit the Prilosec so I decided to do some research and buy pretty much every natural supplement and herb that I could find and try them all. After 2 months I am finally off of the Prilosec. I do get daily heartburn but it is manageable and not bad. I'm looking for any tips or tricks that I can try that aren't vinegar (fuck that shit it doesn't work).

So in the last two months I've used the following products

D-Limonene

Marshmallow Root

Aloe

Slippery Elm

Betaine HCI

DGL (licorice root)

Peppermint, Fennel oil, ginger blend

Black Walnut oil

Vitamin B, C, and D

Magnesium

Obviously all of those are overkill and I don't plan to take that many pills going forward. I'm very happy to finally be off of the evil pharma pills. I already stopped taking the Magnesium because it made me shit my pants. I might just start taking a smaller dose of it. I'm trying to be better about eating healthier and exercise more. If anyone else has any insight or tips could you please share? Thank you.

This topic was modified 4 weeks ago by UintasTrip

Posted : November 11, 2022 5:42 PM
Topic Tags
Share: