Clear all

John of God

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@prof_skmfq)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I have found myself uncomfortably close to a family who frequently visitedjohnof God in Brazil. John of God was convicted of multiple cases of rape with many more pending. He tried to move $23 million from personal bank accounts. He was caught with a briefcase with $12 million cash,jewels and gems. He has been accused of selling babies to people in Europe US and Australia. Which seems fairly well validated. He has been accused to using young girls sent to him from people as breeding stock to sell babies. He had been accused of murdering these girls after several years of use. He has been accused to using slaves in four mines he owns. The person who made many of these accusations in public has allegedly commited suicide (Sabrina Bittencourt). Bill Clinton, Naomi Campbell, Oprah Winfrey and Maria Abromovic have made high profile visits. Oprah features him in a show. Maria Abromovic included him in a 2015 documentary about her journey through Brazil. His own daughter accused him of taking her many many times from the age of ten on.

I'm not sure WHO to interview about this, but it's a HUGE public crime with many echoes of Epstein and in some ways worse than Epstein.

Posted : May 29, 2020 4:47 PM
(@prof_skmfq)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

What I've learn. John of God joined the Brazilian military in 1964 the year the Junta took power. He channels King Solomon and Sanit Ignatius Layola the founder of the Jesuits. He went from being totally impoverished to owner several mines and cattle ranches. The practices at the Casa are strange and disconcerting.

Posted : June 3, 2020 2:13 AM
enjoypolo
(@enjoypolo)
Member Moderator

I would stay away if I was you 😀 Didn't they end up releasing him after all the prosecution?

Posted : June 3, 2020 9:40 AM
(@prof_skmfq)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

enjoypolo wrote: I would stay away if I was you 😀 Didn't they end up releasing him after all the prosecution?

No he is doing 19 years on four counts of rape. There are 10 more charges pending. That's the news as of a few months ago. Unless you have some more up to date info or can read Portuguese news that hasn't been covered in English, it looks like he will be locked up for some time. Also, according to the Colombia Journalism Review there is decent speculation that Sabrina Bittencourt faked her own suicide to drop off the radar.

Posted : June 3, 2020 11:55 AM
(@prof_skmfq)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Any Brazilians on here? Portuguese speakers want to help do a little research?

Posted : June 3, 2020 11:56 AM
(@prof_skmfq)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

https://www.thisamericanlife.org/262/miracle-cures/act-one-1

Definitely comes off like a grifter here. I am reading the mother's book about her experiences there too. People have to sit in silent meditation with their eyes closed the entire time for four hour stretches. They aren't allowed to have their eyes open at all in what they call the "Current Room.". Then they witness some jarring "miracles" of Joao scraping peoples eye balls. Or making a small incision in their belly fat, or ramming a long utensil into their nasal cavity. Nobody on the trip actually experienced miraculous healing. When they get to see Joao directly he just scribbles on a slip of paper as there "prescription" (everyone gets the same thing, sans the entities allegedly making special energetic imprints on the dried passion flower capsules).

Mostly it sounds like the environment is healing. Quiet village. Not alot of technology. Very high mineralized springs and water falls. A high concentration of silica based minerals/crystals in the area...and people often stay for weeks at time. It makes sense that people would FEEL better being there. Lots of meditation and supportive hopeful pilgrims all around. James Randi debunct his "surgeries" not that Randi himself isn't a suspect character...I hold the metaphysical claims in the realm of possibility, but also see alot of out right grift, manipulation, and cult building practices.

Posted : June 3, 2020 12:19 PM
(@prof_skmfq)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

https://www.thisamericanlife.org/262/miracle-cures/act-one-1

Definitely comes off like a grifter here. I am reading the mother's book about her experiences there too. People have to sit in silent meditation with their eyes closed the entire time for four hour stretches. They aren't allowed to have their eyes open at all in what they call the "Current Room.". Then they witness some jarring "miracles" of Joao scraping peoples eye balls. Or making a small incision in their belly fat, or ramming a long utensil into their nasal cavity. Nobody on the trip actually experienced miraculous healing. When they get to see Joao directly he just scribbles on a slip of paper as there "prescription" (everyone gets the same thing, sans the entities allegedly making special energetic imprints on the dried passion flower capsules).

Mostly it sounds like the environment is healing. AndQAvillage. Not alot of technology. Very high mineralized springs and water falls. A high concentration of silica based minerals/crystals in the area...

Posted : June 3, 2020 2:01 PM
(@prof_skmfq)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

enjoypolo wrote: I would stay away if I was you 😀 Didn't they end up releasing him after all the prosecution?

He was convicted of more charges actually. Is currently serving 63 years according to Wikipedia with a citation to a Brazilian newspaper. Couldn't read it, but seemed to say that. No point in living in fear.

Posted : June 3, 2020 2:27 PM
Share: