Notifications
Clear all

Guest Ideas: Dmitry Orlov, Morris Berman, John Taylor Gatto

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@artemusgordon)
Topic starter

A few guests who might fit well with the Higherside Chats are Dmitry Orlov, Morris Berman and John Taylor Gatto.

Dmitry Orlov is a peak oiler/ collapse guy, but he's also written a book about the techno-sphere and how we are here to serve it. He was in Russia during their collapse and is certain we are on the same path in the U.S. He can address several issues other guests have discussed and add his own perspective, especially about our foreign policy as it pertains to Russia and the Middle East.

Morris Berman has written a trilogy of books about America's collapse. However, he covers a lot of history and sociology about why things are the way they are today from a scholarly perspective. He's not much on the UFO or tin foil hat stuff, but his perspective on this country, it's history and why things are the way they are today is scathing and spot on in many ways.

John Taylor Gatto is a former NY Teacher of the Year who did extensive research into our education system and much of what he found fits in well with all of the conspiracy theories about the topic. He is an older gentleman and I believe he has had some health issues, but capturing his knowledge while he's still around might prove useful.

One more idea is the author of the HipCrimeVocab.com blog. I cannot remember his name, although I have heard him interviewed on an old edition of the C-Realm podcast. He has covered the history of money, free markets, why homo-economicus is wrong, the alternative to free markets, why free markets are BS and other issues about our economic/money system. Although he may piss off the true believers of the libertarian religion.

I know this list is a little heavy on the doomer/collapse side of things, but that topic sure feels really relevant right now. Plus, most of these guests can address several issues and bring a different perspective that we haven't yet heard.

Posted : July 2, 2018 3:40 AM
Share: