George P. Hansen, The Trickster and the Paranormal

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
hurmanetar
(@hurmanetar)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

George P. Hansen's book, The Trickster and the Paranormal changed my life. It's not often I say that. I can only find a couple interviews of him on the interwebs and would LOVE to hear him on your show. I think Gordon White mentioned him in a recent podcast. His book is densely fact filled and I kind of breezed through the names and dates to get the gestalt ideas which are much more important.

Thanks to his book, I have been able to tie together so many seemingly unrelated concepts under the Trickster archetype or constellation.

Additionally, his book was my introduction to literary deconstruction, patternism, liminality, boundaries/spaces, logos/abyss, which I believe are hugely important to our understanding of every level of reality from the micro to macrocosm. I expounded on some ideas born out from this new lens here.

Anyway, hope you can get Hansen on.

Posted : June 4, 2016 3:08 PM
(@bluehootie)
Eminent Member

Good afternoon hurmanetar,
I've read some of your work at skeptico. I've actually read the article you linked to before.
Question... who did alex have to do to be mod? haha
Question... have you deconstructed TC big TOE yet?

my 2hoots, maybe, memories are just electrical impulses, in the data stream. + neutral - the memories we remember having a sort of mental enzyme to it?
good to hear from you 🙂 bh

Posted : June 5, 2016 9:13 PM
hurmanetar
(@hurmanetar)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Good afternoon hurmanetar,
I’ve read some of your work at skeptico. I’ve actually read the article you linked to before.
Question… who did alex have to do to be mod? haha
Question… have you deconstructed TC big TOE yet?

my 2hoots, maybe, memories are just electrical impulses, in the data stream. + neutral – the memories we remember having a sort of mental enzyme to it?
good to hear from you ? bh

<hr>

Thanks for the welcome. 🙂 I think I must have heard of Tom Campbell before. I'm checking out a YouTube of him now. Sounds like his big TOE would be a good read. Alex... Jones or Tsakiris? Sorry that one went over my head :-/

Posted : June 6, 2016 3:59 PM
(@bluehootie)
Eminent Member

Oh, I meant the Skeptico MOD, No matter. 🙂
I started with the old stuff BC... "Before Computers". TC is just comfortable for me, It's a Big read for sure in fact I'm still reading it, Thanks to Utube it's alittle faster.

Posted : June 6, 2016 6:44 PM
Share: