Community Activism ...

Notifications
Clear all

Community Activism 101 - Are we Neckbeards or are We (Wo)men?

19 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@joshhinnenkamp)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Great additions enjoypolo,

I had no clue Bioneers had their own podcast. I have been to a few of their gatherings over the years but it has been time. I will have to check it out.

Other podcasts about permaculture that people may find valuable (they may have been mentioned above) -- ReWild Yourself Podcast is now defunct but is a database of all kinds of rewilding, reskilling, rehealthing, resexing (etc) topics that will prove essential to learn in the decades to come. Sustainable World Radio Podcast is very infrequent (twice in last year, though more regular before) but is excellent. And the Permaculture Podcast you mention is also very excellent.

Featured Voices Podcast (Part of Christ Martenson's Peak Prosperity website and movement) is also mostly excellent as he talks peak oil, permaculture, population, shale oil, energy reserves, etc. It can be extremely dry at times but is excellent nonetheless. It is a treasure trove of resources (the podcast and website).

Also -- the DeGrowth handbook was turned into a podcast and I highly recommend it. Degrowth Audiobook. If people do not know about the Degrowth movement is well worth checking out and centers around ending Infinite Growth as a religion and going in the opposite direction.

And Michael Reynolds and his earthships. I helped build earthships and cob houses with some of his students and lived right outside Taos for a while and know that world very well. I have a lot of resources and links if people want to know stuff in that area.

Posted : July 11, 2019 1:32 AM
 RIP
(@rip)
Eminent Member

Thank you all for your resources. I look forward to checking those out!!!

Anybody have anymore information on Rudolph Steiner/experience w his methods? I really loved the mastodon farm episode and the bits he got into on Steiner...seriously loved that whole episode. Was funny to me that Greg felt he had to make a disclaimer about the subject and it being further from his usual topics but I think it fits in perfectly and there’s only so much you can say about the cabal etc before it gets redundant. To an extent, we chose the reality we live in and I’m stoked to chose the one where we make an alternative system to the current paradigm.

Posted : July 11, 2019 6:38 AM
(@joshhinnenkamp)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

There is a Steiner Society that has its own web page with research capabilities. Do you know it?
https://www.rsarchive.org/

Connor Habib has blogged and podcasted about Steiner.

I worked on a Steiner (biodynamic) farm for a couple weeks and it wasn't my thing. I remember having to walk around and throw ash over my right shoulder during a certain time of day, and other things I thought odd at the time. I think I would be more receptive today -- I was young at the time. That said, there is a Biodynamic Association that I receive weekly emails from. Here's their site -- https://www.biodynamics.com/

Posted : July 11, 2019 4:37 PM
enjoypolo
(@enjoypolo)
Member Moderator

Now would be a good time to starting a garden.
I've been volunteering in my local CSA farm (with some social distancing protocols :cool:), and also been using that to gain some skills. For those in the northern hemisphere, we're now in Spring season so one more reason to get started 🙂
Proposed to my tenant about using the terrace and its "abandoned" garden to start growing some vegetables, herbs, flowers. He was up for it, and even give me a small budget. Waiting back for the green light to get started! If anyone needs help figuring some stuff out, I'm no expert but would be glad to help!

Take care out there folks, and get that sunlight!
namaste

Edit: Found these gems of four-book series by Schauberger and Callum Coats. This will be a good reading moment we all deserve.

Posted : March 21, 2020 9:09 AM
Page 2 / 2
Share: