Clear all

Injection apartheid is NOT good news

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
(@orchid20)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

For a little while I was pleasantly surprised to hear that my lovely home state was actually rolling back their mask mandates. It was touted as "good news". Oh, wait - there's a catch:

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/oregon-first-state-require-vaccination-proof-maskless-entry-businesses-workplaces **

If there is any "good news", it's that many businesses around me have recognized this as a step in a very wrong direction and are keeping the old equal-opportunity mask mandate in place. These are not the big box automatons but the smaller, more local businesses that have managed to stay afloat. But I would have to travel far into the backroads of the eastern part of the state to see any glipse of normalcy anymore.

**(I'm not sure what the deal is with Zero Hedge and how they can get away with these postings as they are very much on Google's radar. My theory is that their comment section is rife with racist/pro-Trump agitprop bots. And it's not really the articles but the small percentage of genuine commentary that keeps me returning.)

Posted : May 26, 2021 4:12 PM
(@sofahkingfoxy)
Estimable Member

orchid20 wrote:
For a little while I was pleasantly surprised to hear that my lovely home state was actually rolling back their mask mandates. It was touted as "good news". Oh, wait - there's a catch:

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/oregon-first-state-require-vaccination-proof-maskless-entry-businesses-workplaces **

If there is any "good news", it's that many businesses around me have recognized this as a step in a very wrong direction and are keeping the old equal-opportunity mask mandate in place. These are not the big box automatons but the smaller, more local businesses that have managed to stay afloat. But I would have to travel far into the backroads of the eastern part of the state to see any glipse of normalcy anymore.

**(I'm not sure what the deal is with Zero Hedge and how they can get away with these postings as they are very much on Google's radar. My theory is that their comment section is rife with racist/pro-Trump agitprop bots. And it's not really the articles but the small percentage of genuine commentary that keeps me returning.)

It’s just the beginning. They want 100% population vaxxed. We are going to be hurting big time.
BTW, I didn’t know you’re in OR. I grew up in Portland most of my childhood.

Posted : May 27, 2021 1:44 AM
(@orchid20)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

sofahkingfoxy wrote:
I grew up in Portland most of my childhood.

Do you miss it? I grew up in Chicago, so PDX still seems like an improvement 😎

Both cities were meccas for foodies before all this mess.

Posted : May 27, 2021 7:22 PM
(@sofahkingfoxy)
Estimable Member

orchid20 wrote:
Do you miss it? I grew up in Chicago, so PDX still seems like an improvement 😎

Both cities were meccas for foodies before all this mess.

Yep, sure do! I was born in Minneapolis, moved to Portland age 8 & then back to Minneapolis at 20. Still here 40+ yrs later. One part of me wishes I had never moved (plus I’ve had it with winter) but the move brought me back together again with my 5 siblings. I was a late life baby, my parents & I moved when the youngest of the 5 graduated & turned 18. If I were able to go back now I’d head for Seattle, or better, the San Juan Islands - Orca Island. However, N. Dakota is looking pretty good these days. 😉

Posted : May 28, 2021 8:45 AM
(@orchid20)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

sofahkingfoxy wrote:
Yep, sure do! I was born in Minneapolis, moved to Portland age 8 & then back to Minneapolis at 20. Still here 40+ yrs later. One part of me wishes I had never moved (plus I’ve had it with winter) but the move brought me back together again with my 5 siblings. I was a late life baby, my parents & I moved when the youngest of the 5 graduated & turned 18. If I were able to go back now I’d head for Seattle, or better, the San Juan Islands - Orca Island. However, N. Dakota is looking pretty good these days. 😉

Minneapolis - brrrr! One of the places I was looking at after graduating high school - quite a while ago - was Bemidgi State, which I think is a little further north. I was both intrigued and deterred by its weather induced underground tunnel system.

One state that may be worth checking out is your neighbor to the south, Iowa. Iowa has a good habit of flying under everyone's radar, including the Covidocracy. According to a recent bankers' survey it has the least amount of restrictions of all of the states, including Florida: https://wallethub.com/edu/states-coronavirus-restrictions/73818

Posted : May 28, 2021 6:01 PM
Share: