I work at Vanderbil...

Notifications
Clear all

I work at Vanderbilt Hospital in Nashville...

11 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@bekaebrown)
Topic starter

I posted this to my fb...

Information post: I work at Vanderbilt Hospital. I serve coffee to doctors and nurses, research people and maintenance alike. And the overall feeling here is that the media about this virus is WAY overhyped. It's not good, dont get me wrong, but the way the media is acting, it's like we should have people dying left and right here, and setting up tents out in the courtyard just to keep up with the overflow of rooms. But the opposite is true. Its seriously like a ghost town, here. We are soooo slow. And that's not just my observation... this is information being told to me from the people on the frontlines. I really wish people would question why. Why are they hyping this to such an insane extent? Why are so many people out of a sorce of income because of it? Anyway... from what I hear... if you are relatively healthy and dont have a compromised immune system... you should be totally fine. Even if you get it, you will most likely recover. Just wanted to pass this along.

Posted : April 2, 2020 11:30 AM
nickzeptepi
(@nickzeptepi)
Honorable Member

they probably said the same in Spain and Italy before it hit hard.

And the US- MSM gets more ratings with fear programming than sensible information.

Posted : April 3, 2020 6:13 AM
(@sofahkingfoxy)
Estimable Member

I’ve been wondering about this, just how busy are hospitals really? All most of us see is on the news and we know that can’t be trusted. And I’ve only seen reports for NYC. I know only one person who works in a hospital and she said they’re slow. And I asked if they are running low on supplies and if they community is donating stuff. Yes to both. Then it occurred to me that they are likely running low on masks and gloves because they are taking precautionary measures. I’m betting they put on fresh gloves & masks every time they enter a patient’s room.

Does anyone else here work in a hospital or know someone? I’d be interested in hearing about it.

Posted : April 4, 2020 10:25 AM
(@bekaebrown)
Topic starter

One of the youtubers I follow posted this video yesterday. The comments are very interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msTGeAVuSxs

Posted : April 4, 2020 12:49 PM
(@metalegs)
Estimable Member

You must change your gloves and masks for each patient contact or you spread disease. That said if they are not busy there is no reason to be low on supplies except for a problem with the supply chain. Which, locally here we cant get gloves and masks just for normal duties.

Posted : April 4, 2020 9:52 PM
(@sofahkingfoxy)
Estimable Member

metalegs wrote: You must change your gloves and masks for each patient contact or you spread disease. That said if they are not busy there is no reason to be low on supplies except for a problem with the supply chain. Which, locally here we cant get gloves and masks just for normal duties.

Of course. That makes sense. I’ll elaborate on my thought. Under normal non-pandemic circumstances, gloves and a mask aren’t used every time a staff member enters a room unless, I presume, a patient is infectious or an "invasive" exam is done with the latter not always requiring a mask. Otherwise it’s mostly hand washing alone. That’s what I’ve observed from my time in hospitals and clinics as both a patient and visitor. With that in mind, then it’s a matter of these supplies being used some of the time during normal circumstances vs 100% of the time during the pandemic so I think it’s feasible for business to be slow yet still be short on supplies.

Posted : April 4, 2020 11:23 PM
(@metalegs)
Estimable Member

Yeah I'm mostly with you. I dont understand gloves being in short supply. Maybe masks. The standard is to wear gloves for every patient to both protect the care giver and protect the pt from the care giver. We go through gloves like crazy. ( Im a paramedic btw And I get into a lot of fire departments and hospitals as an educator.)
Masks are used as you feel you need them. Sure there are pts in isolation that specific protocols. But again to protect the pt just as much as us.
A couple of years ago there was a shortage of saline (IV water). Yeah a shortage of water. They said it was the bags but....come on.
I'm not saying this is a planned shortage btw.

Posted : April 4, 2020 11:44 PM
(@metalegs)
Estimable Member

sofahkingfoxy wrote: Of course. That makes sense. I’ll elaborate on my thought. Under normal non-pandemic circumstances, gloves and a mask aren’t used every time a staff member enters a room unless, I presume, a patient is infectious or an "invasive" exam is done with the latter not always requiring a mask. Otherwise it’s mostly hand washing alone. That’s what I’ve observed from my time in hospitals and clinics as both a patient and visitor. With that in mind, then it’s a matter of these supplies being used some of the time during normal circumstances vs 100% of the time during the pandemic so I think it’s feasible for business to be slow yet still be short on supplies.

sofahkingfoxy wrote: Of course. That makes sense. I’ll elaborate on my thought. Under normal non-pandemic circumstances, gloves and a mask aren’t used every time a staff member enters a room unless, I presume, a patient is infectious or an "invasive" exam is done with the latter not always requiring a mask. Otherwise it’s mostly hand washing alone. That’s what I’ve observed from my time in hospitals and clinics as both a patient and visitor. With that in mind, then it’s a matter of these supplies being used some of the time during normal circumstances vs 100% of the time during the pandemic so I think it’s feasible for business to be slow yet still be short on supplies.

Yeah I'm mostly with you. I dont understand gloves being in short supply. Maybe masks. The standard is to wear gloves for every patient to both protect the care giver and protect the pt from the care giver. We go through gloves like crazy. ( Im a paramedic btw And I get into a lot of fire departments and hospitals as an educator.)
Masks are used as you feel you need them. Sure there are pts in isolation that specific protocols. But again to protect the pt just as much as us.
A couple of years ago there was a shortage of saline (IV water). Yeah a shortage of water. They said it was the bags but....come on.
I'm not saying this is a planned shortage btw.

Posted : April 4, 2020 11:50 PM
 MAK8
(@mak8)

sofahkingfoxy wrote: I’ve been wondering about this, just how busy are hospitals really? All most of us see is on the news and we know that can’t be trusted. And I’ve only seen reports for NYC. I know only one person who works in a hospital and she said they’re slow. And I asked if they are running low on supplies and if they community is donating stuff. Yes to both. Then it occurred to me that they are likely running low on masks and gloves because they are taking precautionary measures. I’m betting they put on fresh gloves & masks every time they enter a patient’s room.

Does anyone else here work in a hospital or know someone? I’d be interested in hearing about it.

I am part of a neighborhood chat group here in Vancouver WA, one of the nurses said that Legacy Hospital group has laid of 400 people because they are so slow, due to not taking on regular surgeries and procedures. Also my cousin is an x-ray tech at OHSU and said they only have 11 people admitted with possible COVID-19.

Posted : April 29, 2020 6:12 PM
enjoypolo
(@enjoypolo)
Member Moderator

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/all-of-our-rooms-are-empty-hospital-ers-vacant-during-pandemic-1.4918208

This is an article from Toronto, Canada: same thing with empty hospitals. Makes you wonder, between this and those tiktok videos of nurses parading around. What is really going on?
I'm sure there are areas that are flooded, but you just can't trust any MSM-corporate propaganda at first sight.

Meanwhile, the people who do need medical procedures can't, and that's a tragedy (which in case of fatality, would probably pass for a covid19..:rolleyes:)

Posted : April 30, 2020 7:00 PM
(@bigfoot)

This is exactly what I’m here for, real news from real people. Thanks for Sharing, keep us updated.

Posted : May 17, 2020 5:53 PM
Share: