Clear all

Good News re Mask Mandates

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Reactions
(@fujenly)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

I really do think this is good news despite the seeming paradox - truths are coming to light. The shift will happen. Reporting that some cities are going back to stricter mask mandates than the CDC's recommendation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W20UGJA3b5k:286

Posted : May 4, 2021 3:27 PM
 JH
(@jh)
Reputable Member

The purpose of the mask mandates were:

A. Visible PR for the pandemic. Since the overwhelmed hospitals didn't show up, they needed something to reinforce the sentiment that we are in a different state, one which allows the suspension of rights and enforcement of behaviors that would not be tolerated in a normal state. Ultimately transitioning to a "new normal" where such rights are gone and such behaviors are given.

B. Direct behavioral conditioning. Getting people used to accepting population wide medical interventions as decreed by the state/ruling cabal, with few or no questions asked (worst thing you can do in many professional social circles is question the mandates at all). Again, in pursuit of the "new normal"/"great reset"/etc.

In many ways, it's a good sign that the interior of the Empire (D.C. beltway, NYC, Cali) are resisting the end of the mandates, because they recognize that goals A and B have not been accomplished to the degree they desire them to be.

Probably best case scenario imo will be if this drags out for at least a little while longer -- everyday more and more normies are waking up to just what happened this last year and how sinister it is. They are soon going to be desperate for people to go back to mindless brunch and sports and celebrity consumption that they so stupidly (from their perspective) interrupted, but I think the toothpaste is out of the tube at this point.

Posted : May 4, 2021 4:21 PM
(@fujenly)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Interesting. I don't disagree with this, but I read/saw something different in this instance, as it reveals that the masks are not about the science, and reveals something about those private citizens who want the mandates to stay. Among other things, I think some folks "got off" on the suffering and sacrifice of the mask and the idea of danger, rather than really being fearful. I'm just excited by any truths that continue to come to light.

Posted : May 4, 2021 4:46 PM
 JH
(@jh)
Reputable Member

fujenly wrote:
Among other things, I think some folks "got off" on the suffering and sacrifice of the mask and the idea of danger, rather than really being fearful.

Most definitely. On one side you have what they were trying to accomplish with the mandates (certainly not disease control--at which they are manifestly worthless), the other side why some people embraced them so fiercely despite their inconvenience and lack of effectiveness.

I do think we have become a society so decadent that people crave crisis just for the prospect of excitement--I know that drove my initial reaction to the 'vid.

Posted : May 4, 2021 4:52 PM
(@smaaaddy)
Reputable Member

jh1517 wrote:
Most definitely. On one side you have what they were trying to accomplish with the mandates (certainly not disease control--at which they are manifestly worthless), the other side why some people embraced them so fiercely despite their inconvenience and lack of effectiveness.

I do think we have become a society so decadent that people crave crisis just for the prospect of excitement--I know that drove my initial reaction to the 'vid.

This is just what I've been feeling but have not been able to articulate it
In the UK, people were excitedly saying things like "its like the blitz"...

such a reach of a comparison its actually embarrassing

Posted : May 4, 2021 7:27 PM
(@sofahkingfoxy)
Estimable Member

fujenly wrote:
Interesting. I don't disagree with this, but I read/saw something different in this instance, as it reveals that the masks are not about the science, and reveals something about those private citizens who want the mandates to stay. Among other things, I think some folks "got off" on the suffering and sacrifice of the mask and the idea of danger, rather than really being fearful. I'm just excited by any truths that continue to come to light.

Add to the list those who enjoy a sense of community and those who derive a feeling of superiority (I wear a mask all day, it’s not a bother.)

Posted : May 5, 2021 3:12 AM
Share: