6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@revengeacademy)
Topic starter

We need a full show dedicated to a deep dive on DynCorp

Posted : July 17, 2021 4:38 AM
(@aloref)

I support this! I recently listened to an episode of The Farm where they got into DynCorp a little bit. I’ll try to find it and let you know.
I’m particularly interested in this because my mother ended up working for them. She joined the UN as a civilian police officer in 2001 and, if I’m remembering correctly, her contract was sold to DynCorp a few months into the 2yr mission in Bosnia. I remember this because she was pissed about it at time saying something like “I joined the United Nations to help, not be a military contractor.”
She definitely had some strange and sad stories about her time brief time with the UN. Ended up leaving policing all together. As the years went on and we talked more about it, she came to the conclusion she was “a pawn” for some shady things going on or at least being covered up in Kosovo (her last UN mission, not a DynCorp contract though) regarding human trafficking. Who would’ve thunk it.
Anyway, this stuff has piqued my interest in the last few years so a full show would be neat.

Posted : October 4, 2021 4:16 PM
(@infoshinobi)
Eminent Member

Yeah, the name DynCorp is definitely setting off some bells for me. It's something I know about, but in the wash of corrupt corporations I can't even piece together which particular brand of evil this one is. Military tech, isn't it? Truly, we're awash in nothing but corruption and destruction. It's a sad state of affairs when I can't even pinpoint which particular brand of insidious corrupt corporation we're talking about in any given moment. Big sigh

Posted : October 4, 2021 4:38 PM
(@mcdrewb)

I'd like to know what they have been up to since Bosnia.....who would Carl bring on?

Posted : October 8, 2021 3:08 AM
(@infoshinobi)
Eminent Member

Nobody fucking cares about Bosnia bro, nobody but you. Nobody even remembers that it happened. Process it on your own time, no one else gives a rat's ass. That's what you mortgaged your life for. For nothing

Posted : October 10, 2021 11:53 AM
(@alogan)

infoshinobi wrote:
Nobody fucking cares about Bosnia bro, nobody but you. Nobody even remembers that it happened. Process it on your own time, no one else gives a rat's ass. That's what you mortgaged your life for. For nothing

Well that was a tad aggressive, dontcha think?

Posted : October 20, 2021 9:46 PM
Share: