Unsolved Mysteries of Idaho - Part I: The Bloodless Bodies of Bliss

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
RebelSkum
(@rebelskum)
Member Moderator Registered
Topic starter

Copied from a Steemit article I wrote. Upvoting the article helps to support my research!

I've decided to write a series showcasing some of the high strangeness found throughout my home state of Idaho. Very little is known about Idaho as it is one of the smallest states in terms of population and is mostly covered in rugged mountains, thick woods and harsh deserts. Needless to say, it is very easy for strange tales to get lost among the pines of the Rocky Mountains.

Any Idaho resident can tell you, however, that the state is rich in the paranormal and mysterious. From the first "flying saucers" discovered by Boisean Kenneth Arnold to the demonic "Water Babies" of Warm Lake, there's a reason Idaho is one of the few states where you can conceal a weapon without a license.

I figured this might be a way to decompress from all the Pizzagate hype and give folks some fresh perspective on a greatly unappreciated place.

History of the mystery

The areas of Jerome and Bliss, Idaho have a colored past of bizarre human and cattle mutilations which have plagued the area since the 1970s. The mutilations would be investigated by local law enforcement as well as the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON), but to this day the official explanation by the Idaho sheriffs is "cult killing". Despite this claim, noone has ever been arrested for these deaths.

Officially there would be one human found in 1979 and two cattle in 1989, as well as an undocumented number of other cattle and deer, all found dead in the same region of Idaho with strangely similar mutilations. Sexual organs would be removed as well as bodily fluids in addition to there being no visible tracks at all the scenes.

The Mutilated Man of 1979

Don Mason, a MUFON investigator for Idaho in the 1970s and 80s, had one of his most notable cases in 1979:

>According to the report, two hunters in the Bliss and Jerome area of Idaho had literally stumbled across the nude body of a man that had been hideously mutilated.

>The body was in the literal middle of nowhere, nude except for a pair of underpants, his sexual organs had been removed, his lips sliced off, and several other classic mutilation cuts.

>Although he was in very rugged country, his bare feet were not marked as if he had walked in that terrain, but yet no other tracks, animal or human were evident anywhere.

>After the police were notified, an intensive search was mounted, and miles away, the man's possessions were recovered, yet no one yet knows how the body ended up where it was found, or even more importantly, what happened to him.

>It should be noted that this area also had over the years, many unexplained UFO reports and cattle mutilations.

Source: Don Ecker, UFO investigator

One might notice that this particular case of missing clothes, lack of tracks, and the large distance covered by the victim seems eerily reminiscent of David Paulides' recent findings on missing persons in National Parks throughout the country. See Paulides' website, the CanAm Missing Project.

Cattle mutilations of 1989

Don Mason would continue to investigate similar mutilations throughout the state, and an exact number remains unknown. However, Mason does share an interesting story of two separately-owned cattle mutilated right outside the owners' homes in the same region and with the same general characteristics of the mutilation ten years earlier.

>The animals ( two cattle, same night, but each owned by different ranchers ) were "somehow" killed, sexual organs removed, body fluids drained, patches of hide "surgically" removed.

>As of this date ( February 15, 1989 ) the final lab reports are not back yet, but already the Sheriffs Department has labelled it a "cult killing."

>No tracks, tire or human, around the animals even though it had just rained, no unusual activity reported by the ranchers that evening, and one animal was found next to an occupied house.

>One of the ranchers admitted that this was the second time he had been "hit" by the mysterious mutilators.

Source: Don Ecker, UFO investigator

More information on the investigation of one of the mutilations was printed in the Idaho Statesman in 1989:

>They took samples of meat and hide, and after lab testing, he should know in a couple of months what killed the animals.

>He suspects the calf was shot with some type of poison to kill it instantly. A pin hole was found on its right hip.

>"There were no bullet holes and virtually no marks that you could see". Both mutilations must have been done quickly by some experts, he speculated.

>"Someone understands what they are doing, they've done it before".

>All the cuts were made with such a sharp instrument that hair on the animal was literally cut in two, Williams said.

>I've skinned and butchered a lot of cattle he said; and "I can't even cut a hide or leather that perfectly, someone had a steady hand".

Source: Reprint of the Idaho Statesman circa 1989

Continued mutilations

It would be continuously reported in Idaho of such mutilations in the area. Later, people would even find deer which exhibited the same characteristic marks and draining of fluids:

*Image from strangeharvest.blogspot.com*

Posted : February 23, 2017 1:12 AM
(@wwpalum)
Eminent Member

I like the topic and the missing in National Parks topic also. It's great how you are looking in to your own state, which is clearly unappreciated for strange happenings, I've never even heard of the demonic water babies of warm lake. Granted some may just be local folk lore, which I still love hearing about, but some has solid evidence that something really took place like the mutilations and should be further explored.
The mutilations throughout the country and the world and the high number of missing people in National Parks would make an excellent THC episode!

Posted : February 23, 2017 3:31 PM
Share: