STRIKE Tomorrow Feb 16

12 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
diogenesofsinope
(@diogenesofsinope)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Tomorrow is a day without immigrants, and unless you are a native american, that means YOU!!!

http://www.dailydot.com/irl/day-without-immigrants-protest/

Ask yourself, have I skipped work to sleep off a hangover or for a sniffle or to enjoy a beautiful day? Good you are a human. Do it tomorrow too.

Fuck Trump. (And to hell with Hillary, but that's yesterday's news) Fuck the divide and conquer tactics. I am a carpenter and a white hellbilly hippy. I am behind on my bills and just had a baby. But I stand with my brown brothers and sisters tomorrow because I know that they come for the vulnerable first, but make no mistake, they will get around to the rest of us unless we stand up and lay down on our own terms.

Who's in support of this?

Love and little good ganja tomorrow my friends. No work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1Kmy-BLrbo

Posted : February 16, 2017 3:02 AM
satyagraha
(@satyagraha)
Estimable Member

Wobblies forever!!!

Posted : February 16, 2017 3:56 AM
diogenesofsinope
(@diogenesofsinope)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

In my corner of the world the strike was very successful. Dropped by a job site that usually has 30-40 workers and there was only about 10. Nice and quiet.

We will do this again.

Posted : February 17, 2017 6:16 AM
diogenesofsinope
(@diogenesofsinope)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/strike-tomorrow-feb-16.3472639/

I posted the same thread in the politics section of a martial arts forum I lurk. Hilarious and sad racism and classism galore.

Posted : February 18, 2017 9:35 PM
satyagraha
(@satyagraha)
Estimable Member

I liked post #60. I once suggested getting economics professor, Richard Wolff, as a guest here.

To be honest, if this forum were to attain the tenor of that one, I would be bowing out pretty quickly. I've been in some forums that were great for people helping other people with technical issues in common, but when one exposed a less than Fascist political bent, it always became an ideological feeding frenzy. It just wasn't worth it. Not crowds I would be hanging with.

Posted : February 19, 2017 12:07 AM
(@chromerhino)
Estimable Member

Without proper channels of actual factual information on the immediate effects this "bill" will have it's impossible to make an informed decision without allowing the intended main stream media (MSM) bias influencing our propagation of thoughts with reactive emotional triggers.

It's my position that if the puppets in the MSM are flooding our optical and verbal inputs with the narrative that the bill is horrible and pushing people's reactionary buttons towards an emotional response against the bill, I would have to resist the flow of ignorant reactionary responses and look at why the Puppet Masters are against it. It must go deeper than the media is talking about.

"They" are ALWAYS playing chess and making "us" think we are playing checkers. It's time to grow up and stop allowing them to trigger an ignorant, emotionally reactionary response from us. I don't know for sure one way or another whether the gross outcome would mostly benefit Americans or not, but I DO know that it's much more complicated than what's on the surface and without a ton of very intense research and some insider contacts, I don't feel comfortable with allowing myself to give an emotional and instant reaction without substantial evidence to back it up.

I am suspicious to both sides of the equation.

Posted : February 19, 2017 7:18 PM
diogenesofsinope
(@diogenesofsinope)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

chromerhino wrote: Without proper channels of actual factual information on the immediate effects this "bill" will have it's impossible to make an informed decision without allowing the intended main stream media (MSM) bias influencing our propagation of thoughts with reactive emotional triggers.

What "bill" Mr. Rhino?
There is none mentioned in the OP or follow up posts.

Posted : February 21, 2017 3:06 AM
(@thegdolla)
Eminent Member

diogenesofsinope wrote:
What "bill" Mr. Rhino? There is none mentioned in the OP or follow up posts.

I think that rhino is referring to the executive order which has sparked these kinds of strikes and protests. That is, the "muslim ban".

Regardless, his point stands and is quite good. When the mainstream media outlets all scream out in unison we need to try and stop and think about why they are doing that. Understanding that they are the propaganda arm of a machine much bigger than any of us likely comprehend, we need to ask the right questions from there.

Posted : February 23, 2017 7:18 AM
satyagraha
(@satyagraha)
Estimable Member

Divide and rule works, but/and we are seeing it applied in so many ways that even fairly well informed folks don't know whether to shit or go blind. While it's not a good time for a Chinese fire drill, much of the populace seems to be doing just that, flash mob style. We should try to keep grounded in what we do know, realizing that might not be very much, and just be watchful.

From: I Ching: Hexagram 36 - Ming I / Darkening of the light

"One should let many things pass without being duped."

Posted : February 23, 2017 1:27 PM
(@naphtha)
Trusted Member

I see nothing wrong with sending criminals out of the country. What's our options? Criminal illegals stay in prisons costing money, or send them back to where they illegally came. Not all immigrants, but the criminals? I'd like to hear a case for why they are better off in prison

Posted : February 23, 2017 7:51 PM
diogenesofsinope
(@diogenesofsinope)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

satyagraha wrote: Divide and rule works, but/and we are seeing it applied in so many ways that even fairly well informed folks don't know whether to shit or go blind. While it's not a good time for a Chinese fire drill, much of the populace seems to be doing just that, flash mob style. We should try to keep grounded in what we do know, realizing that might not be very much, and just be watchful.

From: I Ching: Hexagram 36 - Ming I / Darkening of the light

"One should let many things pass without being duped."

Satya when we throw off this ego coil there will be nothing but love and understanding. But we divided gods are playing the life game for a reason, even the foolish ones who think "illegal" immigrants are a major problem.

Speak. Act. Choose.

A spade is a spade. Trump wants to build massive walls and deport millions. This will be done with the violent power of the police state. Fuck the police. But frustrated white people eat this shit up and back this man. Along with Dyncorp/Cerebrus. Yes, he goes after some with felonies first. It is not the last stop.

Trump as our "leader" is responsible for his scapegoating rhetoric and the violence it inspires. Every person I have talked to who went on strike that day had their own specific reasons. One co-worker of mine has been assaulted in a parking lot recently by a man screaming racial slurs and Trump support. Another couple co-workers of mine took shots at each other with a nail gun over this Trump rhetoric. The 3" sinker went right past my head because I happened to be near by ricochet. 90% of the "illegals" are fine people who work hard and contribute immensely while carrying themselves with dignity most poor white blue collar workers (like me) should learn to emulate.

They went on strike en masse. I joined them because they want peace, love, and to keep putting up our drywall and cleaning our ditches for subsistence wages. If you can't smell the police state using this to put more pressure on We The People then I have little time for you.

If you are awake you know you can't simply take the inverse of everything on MSM and say that's truth.

If you are awake you know divide-and-conquer, hate, and plays to powerlessness, you know them for what they are.

The sorrowfull note which prevades this material dream, from which we awake to the ocean of Love beyond the veils.

Posted : February 24, 2017 4:22 AM
satyagraha
(@satyagraha)
Estimable Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG1WlwZJOnI

Posted : February 24, 2017 6:07 AM
Share: