Clear all

Trump behind the scenes

26 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
hisich
(@hisich)
Reputable Member

fifthcolumn wrote: "I've been guilty of saying shit I shouldn't & acting douchie, but I've always made points I thought were valid/true. My views regularly & slowly evolve. I point things out that aren't politically correct & admit to having biases/prejudices (like all folks have)."

I think this is a really good move. It has already gone far to win you back hearts and minds. You have a forceful character, brother. It carries far more weight when it is used to support an ally. In my opinion, you prostitute it when you use it to sell Orange Man Bobbleheads. I have now seen it used both ways. I think it feels more powerful when it is used to back an ally. But that's just my opinion.

I think if we sat down over some Goya beans you'd come to the conclusion that I was an 'Annoying Lefty,' too. I'm working on the 'Annoying' part.

You think Sham's working on his 'Annoying' part?

Don't answer that. I'm sorry. You're young and fulla more piss and vinegar than any three of us. Fiery as fuck. You'd do everybody a favor by fading into the background. Goddamn loose cannon rolling around in the middle of my peace talks...

Recent life events & being smacked around by some far more intelligent/knowledgable/better men has humbled me as of late. As a recovering autistic libertarian I've also come to see more validity in certain Left-wing views than I used to. I imagine I've been more-than-annoying to lots of people.

Can't ever say I really bought into Orange Man, being a long-time Conspiracy Theorist makes one a hopeless political cynic, but he has been entertaining if just another Great Conservative Hope fraud (much like Reagan was).

signature

Posted : December 27, 2020 5:53 PM
fifthcolumn
(@fifthcolumn)
Honorable Member

hisich wrote: Recent life events & being smacked around by some far more intelligent/knowledgable/better men has humbled me as of late. As a recovering autistic libertarian I've also come to see more validity in certain Left-wing views than I used to. I imagine I've been more-than-annoying to lots of people.

Can't ever say I really bought into Orange Man, being a long-time Conspiracy Theorist makes one a hopeless political cynic, but he has been entertaining if just another Great Conservative Hope fraud (much like Reagan was).

I did not mean to misrepresent your position. This is entirely my laziness. I have seen the force of your character used to push unhealthy polarities on your allies in this forum. I don't care for it. I prefer the force of reason and unity you represent here and now. It carries far more weight.

A fighting man's worth his weight in powder. Gimme 50 guys who can admit to, learn from, and correct their mistakes and I'll conquer fucking Europe.

You are far more powerful than they will ever tell you.

Posted : December 28, 2020 12:40 AM
(@shamangineer)
Noble Member
Topic starter

fifthcolumn wrote: Did you just equate unity with fundamentalism? Come on, man. This is a strawman argument. I am not asking for all minds in the forum to fascistically follow the same tune. But shouldn't we shoot for some happy soccer team middle ground? Unity-wise?

I'm actually arguing that the group be more tolerant of opposing viewpoints. Or at least more forgiving of them.

Am I not?

Are you equating unity and tolerance? Because tolerance is inherently acknowledging and respecting another's view as different. Advocating unity (a single viewpoint) is literally the opposite of tolerance.

unity
[ yoo-ni-tee ]
SEE SYNONYMS FOR unity ON THESAURUS.COM
noun, plural u·ni·ties.

1. the state of being one; oneness.
  2. a whole or totality as combining all its parts into one.
  3. the state or fact of being united or combined into one, as of the parts of a whole; unification.
  4. absence of diversity; unvaried or uniform character.
  5. oneness of mind, feeling, etc., as among a number of persons; concord, harmony, or agreement.

Or maybe dictionary.com is simply being divisive in it's definition of unity. . . Just trying to be tolerant of cognitive dissonance.

Posted : December 28, 2020 4:05 PM
fifthcolumn
(@fifthcolumn)
Honorable Member

shamangineer wrote: Are you equating unity and tolerance? Because tolerance is inherently acknowledging and respecting another's view as different. Advocating unity (a single viewpoint) is literally the opposite of tolerance.

unity
[ yoo-ni-tee ]
SEE SYNONYMS FOR unity ON THESAURUS.COM
noun, plural u·ni·ties.

1. the state of being one; oneness.
  2. a whole or totality as combining all its parts into one.
  3. the state or fact of being united or combined into one, as of the parts of a whole; unification.
  4. absence of diversity; unvaried or uniform character.
  5. oneness of mind, feeling, etc., as among a number of persons; concord, harmony, or agreement.

Or maybe dictionary.com is simply being divisive in it's definition of unity. . . Just trying to be tolerant of cognitive dissonance.

Are you saying that your thinking has become so absolute that you can no longer distinguish shades of unity?

Degrees of unity?

Healthy levels of unity?

Posted : December 28, 2020 6:12 PM
(@shamangineer)
Noble Member
Topic starter

fifthcolumn wrote: Are you saying that your thinking has become so absolute that you can no longer distinguish shades of unity?

Degrees of unity?

Healthy levels of unity?

Posted : December 28, 2020 6:53 PM
fifthcolumn
(@fifthcolumn)
Honorable Member

Ah, you are saying that.

Ok, let me attempt to help you understand the nuance of my thinking.

I'm trying to find a word that means "Happy soccer team middle-ground. Unity-wise."

You know, like a Women's Auxiliary Fundraiser. Unified and like-minded enough to come together to cause a little positive change, but not so unified and like-minded that they wind up killing all the jews.

Whaddaya call that?

Kinda united? Cohesive? Semi-harmonious?

I'll roll with cohesive and rephrase.

Am I steering the argument toward division or cohesion?

And I'm still curious, are you too smart to forgive the novice his mistakes?

Posted : December 28, 2020 9:39 PM
(@shamangineer)
Noble Member
Topic starter

fifthcolumn wrote: Are you saying that your thinking has become so absolute that you can no longer distinguish shades of unity?

Degrees of unity?

Healthy levels of unity?

Oh, I get it. This is like when I was a kid and a kid crapped his pants at the park and another kid pointed it out so the poopy kid's Mom told everyone he was just being devisive and walked around saying unity until people spontaneously formed a sports team composed of all of the other kids a the park except the one who pointed out the poopy pants. Nobody was too concerned what sport it was, or any logistical details, because unity was the important part. It sounds like you have some common ground with Nancy Pelosi on that front. Maybe you guys should team up for unity's sake. Or maybe there is a bit more to it than that.

Posted : December 29, 2020 2:59 PM
fifthcolumn
(@fifthcolumn)
Honorable Member

shamangineer wrote: Oh, I get it. This is like when I was a kid and a kid crapped his pants at the park and another kid pointed it out so the poopy kid's Mom told everyone he was just being decisive and walked around saying unity until people spontaneously formed a sports team composed of all of the other kids a the park except the one who pointed out the poopy pants. Nobody was too concerned what sport it was, or any logistical details, because unity was the important part. It sounds like you have some common ground with Nancy Pelosi on that front. Maybe you guys should team up for unity's sake. Or maybe there is a bit more to it than that.

Wow! What a wonderful little creative writing project!

You know, if you edited out some of your fecal obsession- this might make the fridge!

This is too much fun! Now I'll go.

Simple Shaman
Intellectual Ramen
Bullying the inquisitive lamb
Uses jargon to hide
All the empty inside
He's a fraudster. A con man. A Sham.

So I'll be gentlemanly, and ask one more time if you'll answer my two simple questions.

Am I steering the argument toward division or cohesion?
Are you too smart to forgive the novice his mistakes?

Make no mistake, Sham, your whole reputation (if you haven't already irretrievably mangled it) rests on your next response. I advise courtesy and respect.

Posted : December 29, 2020 9:05 PM
(@shamangineer)
Noble Member
Topic starter

I am too smart to argue about division or cohesion. I can forgive a novice the mistake of steering the argument.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrOu_TLpH1I

Posted : December 29, 2020 11:59 PM
fifthcolumn
(@fifthcolumn)
Honorable Member

Ain't much of an argument unless two people are trying to steer in different directions...

You simpleton.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I rest my case.

Posted : December 30, 2020 1:17 AM
(@shamangineer)
Noble Member
Topic starter

The inevitable conclusion has been reached, only took you 2 pages.

Posted : December 30, 2020 9:15 PM
Page 2 / 2
Share: