Notifications
Clear all

The awesome music for evolution thread

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@wessexstock)
Topic starter

This here thread is for posting songs, music videos and analysing lyrics relating to the topics we've come to concern ourselves with here at THC.

Some will be from benevolent artists and some from monsters, some will be mainstream and some from deep underground, but let's keep it civil and jammin' no matter who you're repping.

Can we embed videos here? I'll find out soon.

This post will be edited regularly when the free time happens

The Faint
Everthing Everything
Gnarls Barkley
Radiohead
Santigold
Bright Eyes/Connor Oberst
Reggie Watts
P.O.S.
Junip

Posted : June 20, 2015 7:08 PM
(@wessexstock)
Topic starter

It appears there's a limited window on post edits and no delete option, so for now I'll proceed as I would have without cleaning up the OP

EDIT: To embed youtube videos: (youtube)VIDEOID(/youtube)
Replace ( with [ and you know how to find the /watch?v=VIDEOID

I'm gonna start off all hoodrat, here's 2 by P.O.S. from Rhymesayers Entertainment.

This here's an ironic song about our anti-social modern lives and our spurned youth culture

And this one's about the sort of lives some of us have found ourselves in on the outside of common culture.

These two are Gotye, an artist you've probably heard of but may not have fully appreciated.

Here's one that displays a horrifying possible future.

And another about modern convenience.

Here's Ceelo Green performing in Gnarls Barkley with a song of warning to the hip hop youth.
The Illuminati imagery is less than vague.

This song caught on and became a massive hit but I've never heard anyone else with an interpretation like mine that it's a song about meditation and secret knowledge and the stresses it puts on our lives when we can't communicate to our loved ones. Take in the lyrics and imagery one more time.

Posted : June 21, 2015 10:33 PM
(@wessexstock)
Topic starter

I hope you fucks are ready to get your chuckle on!

Hah... "fuck chuckle".

Here's Trevor Moore, comedian and member of comedy troupe and highly recommended TV show 'The Whitest Kids You Know' presenting some logical conclusions about alternate dimensions.

And one about some lesser known aspects of the USA's founding fathers.

The health hazards of aluminum aside, Weird Al makes it clear not all is as it seems with this video.

And here's his super fun view into the look of covert operations.

Posted : June 21, 2015 11:24 PM
(@wessexstock)
Topic starter

Big Data here calls his brand of music 'Paranoid pop' and I think it's pretty appropriate.
This one's lyrics are about the growing distrust in our social networking and the cloud and the video is a great look at a dark side of marketing.

The video is uneventful (at best) but this song's lyrics were inspired by the infamous Facebook mood experiments and how our entrainment is the proper purpose of entertainment.

Posted : June 22, 2015 12:07 AM
(@steviemc23)

I was under the impression that he new album was about someone being recruited as a drone operator in a war before then rebelling against the machine.

Matt has always been open about being into conspiracy theories, I think he's trying to get these ideas out there, don't feel that they're a psyop as the lyrics are always about rising up against the order.

Posted : July 9, 2015 4:23 PM
Share: