Notifications
Clear all

Reading list

47 Posts
34 Users
0 Likes
(@nanciblue)
Topic starter

How about a reference forum? An open list of websites, books, and articles - each posting with a brief description of the item to better direct the reader. Not limiting the list to only interviewed guests' publications either.

Posted : June 14, 2015 2:34 AM
(@chromerhino)
Estimable Member

That seems like a good idea to me. I guess everyone can just post whatever books or website that they feel holds good information about THC type topics.

So if you have a great sorce of information that you read or have read and don't see the book or website listed here already then post it with a brief descriptionand we will see if we can get a THC Library going here.

Posted : June 14, 2015 12:17 PM
(@thecarlwood)
Bossman Admin

Great idea! I was honestly just thinking about how I need to do something like that for myself. I'm so disorganized and forgetful...but this is an even better way to go about it. Good call!

Posted : June 23, 2015 7:34 AM
(@quintron)
Eminent Member

I mentioned this book in one of the Wild Card Forums, but I'll put it here as well.
The Key to the Universe by Curtiss
Or a Spiritual Interpretation of Numbers and Symbols
A bold work with an equally bold title and claim. Seeks to correlate Tarot, Gematria, Astrology and the Hebrew alphabet. With some extras besides. Dry at times, profound at others, I would recommend this to the (I won't say serious) student rather than someone looking for thought provoking entertainment. Great supplemental, especially for bringing alignment between different angles in on the Universe. Read a section (by number 0 to 10) a month and digest it slow, like some kind of philosophical cow, and let synchronicity take care of the rest.

Posted : June 26, 2015 12:15 AM
(@chromerhino)
Estimable Member

That sounds like a fascinating book that will be right up my alley. Thanks, Q!

Posted : June 26, 2015 9:36 AM
(@steviemc23)

I'll 2nd acraig00's Robert Anton Wilson recommendations.

I'd like to add "Quantum Psychology" to that list, its about how brain software programs you and your world. Also contains exercises to do, great companion to Prometheus Rising.

The Psychopath Test by Jon Ronson was an amusing and insightful read, looking at whether or not society is motivated by insanity and the dangers of diagnosing mental disorders based on checklists.
Might be a good guest, his TED talk - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYemnKEKx0c

Posted : July 9, 2015 3:19 PM
trintdaddy
(@trintdaddy)
Estimable Member

You have to add "Forbidden Archaeology" by Michael Cremo to the list. "The Giza Death Star" trilogy by Joseph Farrell is great reading, although mostly hypothetical. Anything by Farrell, actually. "Where Did the Towers Go" by Judy Wood. Lots more... lots.

Posted : July 14, 2015 2:10 AM
trintdaddy
(@trintdaddy)
Estimable Member

I've read "Hunt for the Skinwalker.."..great book. JC Johnson has some good stuff on his YouTube channel about the skinwalker "legend".

Posted : July 14, 2015 2:13 AM
(@prospero87)

I would not hesitate to add "Supernatural" by Graham Hancock to any reading list. A very interesting collation of shamanism, fairy lore and U.F.O threads examined through the lens of altered states.

Posted : July 20, 2015 6:37 PM
(@mq22266)

Currently Reading Rudolph Steiner September 1907 Stuttgart Lectures collected in his work "Occult Signs & Symbols" (Anthroposophic Press, 1972; ISBN 910142.51.3). Steiner explains how Earth was once Saturn, then Sun, then Moon, before becoming the Earth we know today. He explains why those other planets and the sun still exist today in the forms that they do, and, how these will also, in time, become Earth.

But from p.45 THC+ listeners might like the following, considering the idea of "the One" and considering the Santos Bonacci interview posted this week:

"Mathematicians have an expression for this that holds good in all occult schools: 1 = (2-x) - (1+x). This is an occult formula that expresses how Oneness can be divided and the parts so arranged that the One results. It indicates that, as occultists, we should not think of Oneness simply as One, but as parts that we add together again. So, in this lecture we have examined what is called number symbolism and learned that when we meditate on the world from the standpoint of numbers, we can penetrate deep world secrets."

Posted : July 27, 2015 10:32 PM
(@mq22266)

Steiner is so much more accessible than Blavatsky.

Posted : July 28, 2015 2:38 AM
(@talamh3)

Rudolf Steiner is an outlier that I come back to again and again. I rampaged his material in the occult, natural sciences, and early childhood education sections at the local university library years ago and went round andd around with confusion, delight, and profound respect - then more confusion and doubt. Early in life he was trained to communicate with plant spirits by a woodland hermit, developed clairvoyance early on, and after college edited Goethe's scientific papers (which rival Darwin's in many ways and offer a less secular-materialist scientific approach to evolution) while hanging out with one of the brothers Grimm and other Rosicrucians. In his forties he breaks into the world of Theosophy and then breaks out again, steering a good portion of the European branch back to a Western approach to hidden knowledge. Aleister Crowley was said to have stated that he considered Steiner an Adept, although British members of the Golden Dawn couldn't figure out how to syncretize his inner circle alchemical system into their framework (I think I read that in Colin Wilson's The Occult.) He might have been an illuminati political agent, it's not really clear. He definitely got a lot of shit done in his life and left behind a massive amount of written materials that don't show up in English translation.

Posted : November 6, 2015 5:53 AM
(@hammer1)
Eminent Member

Anyone interested in a no bullshit approach to spirituality, and by that I mean applying systems with a minimum of 'woo' to get shit done or sorted out in your life, I would recommend anything by Mary Schutan.
I followed a 5 point affirmation/declaration she offered on a podcast to do with cord cutting, and had a balltearer of a ride afterwards.( Kundalini?) Like, legs gave out, on the ground, hooked up to DC, twitching and shit.....

The books are entry level, for the most part(she has more advanced stuff that is email based so you can QandA with her as you go...) but she really drives a pin in the NewAge bubble, and has very little time for pretenders. And for that I applaud her! 🙂

I am doing an email course with her at the moment, after reading one of her books and really liking her approach,(and the balltearing, obviously 😉 ) and she in a wealth of information and experience covered in a " Stop ripping people off, you fucking bullshit artist!" wrapping 🙂

Posted : November 19, 2015 7:24 AM
(@northplaza)

Michael Talbot's Holographic Universe
Paul Pietsch's Shufflebrain
Self-liberation Through Seeing With Naked Awareness

Posted : November 27, 2015 3:37 PM
chaoticwave
(@chaoticwave)

1465 wrote:
I’m also slowly making my way through Grant Morrisson’s Invisibles. I read this series once before quite a while ago (most of it anyway. I never quite finished part 3), but I’ve been meaning to re-read. Morrison is a comic book writer, chaos magician, and a whole lot more besides I’m sure… I’ve heard him say that the Invisibles is his great sigil, and the events taking place in this comic started to overlap and be reflected in his everyday life. The Invisibles deals with magic, consciousness, mythology, alternate dimensions, time travel, symbols and their power, and (again) Gnostic themes like the Archons who control the world. Maybe not for everyone, but I love it.

I'm reading The Invisibles too. Check out this video of Grant if you've not seen it: https://youtu.be/KV_S-nfgLq8?list=PLBYox1gYdxqzUPd_uryIej3Qrj-dvLsGo

Posted : December 8, 2015 4:56 PM
Page 1 / 4
Share: