Notifications
Clear all

My experience on reducing EMF exposure and its health benefits

19 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@asgard1664)
Topic starter

NOTE: The post is in 2 parts, as I exceeded the max number of words...

After hearing the episode with Matt Landman about EMF radiation, I would like to share my experience of it and how we were able to mitigate our exposure and how it really improved our life. Maybe that will help some out there who do share similar issues.

Please note that all the products I’m referencing here after are just based on my personal experience. I am in no way affiliated with those brands nor can affirm that I have an extensive knowledge about EMF protection in general. The links I’m giving come directly from the manufacturer itself unless I could not find a direct link.

History Background
We live in Norway, in the suburb area of a middle size town (well actually large town for Norway, but I guess little one from a US or elsewhere point of view, as there is only 120,000 inhabitants...). We are close to the forest and we don’t have any cell tower anywhere near that we can see.

We live in a “joined” house (apologies I`m not sure of the English term for that). By “join” I mean that we have our own house but we have a common wall with another one. Somehow like a horizontal flat.

Over the past year or so, we experienced a severe degradation in our energy level, sleep quality... We were having nightmares or at least unpleasant dream most of the nights.

We were waking up very tired and with a heaviness sensation.

We do have a healthy lifestyle: lots of outdoor sports (hiking every weekend), eat organic only and balanced diet, do not watch TV or very little, go to bed early, meditate, no WiFI or Bluetooth device at home, shut down our mobile phone when unused... So pretty much the best we can do in a modern lifestyle I would dare to say...

I have also to add that we do have a smart meter, but not the worst kind (far less emission than the UK/US one from what I read, and when I measured it, not much radiation was picked up). Furthermore, It is quite far form the bedroom.

EMF meter
Because there was no clear explanation onto why we were having such nighttime issues based on our lifestyle, I decided to purchase a EMF meter. I bought the model ED88T from Cornet device based on the positive reviews I read across many website and because it:

* Can measure both RF radiation (WiFI, 4G...) and magnetic field and electric static field from the electrical wires in the house walls and those who are amplified by any device plugged into a socket (alarm, bed lamp, fridge...);
* It is quite compact and lightweight: I carry it in my backpack when I’m travelling out of curiosity to measure the EMF from my surrounding or at my family place for example and try to see if I can match my feeling/intuition with an actual measurement;
* It not the most expansive. I bought it for about 2000NOK (Norwegian currency) which roughly equates to 210$.

[Home - CORNET website]( http://electrosmog.org )

With the EMF meter, I was able to pinpoint the source of the problem: the adjacent wall with our neighbor was constantly emitting a radiation of about 100 to 200 mW/m2 (see the graph below).

From what I found online, the radiation level advised for health is somehow ranging between 0.1mW/m2 to 0.01mW/m2. The figures found from the WHO seems off the chart, and varies a lot across the countries. So I did not really took them into account.

[Safe exposure limits]( https://www.home-biology.com/electromagnetic-field-radiation-meters/safe-exposure-limits )
[GHO | By category | Exposure limits for radio-frequency fields (public) - Data by country]( http://apps.who.int/gho/data/node.main.EMFLIMITSPUBLICRADIOFREQUENCY?lang=en )

The frequency associated with this radiation was between 1800Mhz to 1900Mhz, which indicates a DECT phone (more on frequency ranges later).

I then found out that a DECT phone is one of the worst device you can own in term of radiation as I emits constantly (not like pulsating from a WiFi for example). This DECT phone is from our neighbor and since the house is made of wood, the wall is not absorbing much of the radiation hence the high level in our bedroom.

Posted : April 15, 2019 8:34 PM
(@asgard1664)
Topic starter

Before shielding
So, before shielding, the levels were as follow:

* At the wall: 100mW/m2 (I round to the lower value to make it simpler)
* At the middle of our bed (1.5m away from the wall): 10mW/m2
* At the other side of the room (3m away from the wall): 1mW/m2

Naturel Fabric
In order to shield us from the radiation, I searched on the internet of the various solutions. Most of them are quite expansive including the DIY solutions.

The obvious choice for us was a canopy that can shield us from the DECT phone but as well any potential future radiation from neighboring WiFi or new cellphone towers (excluding 5G where the protection is not great when reading the charts).

To test how a fabric can shield from radiation, I bought a square meter of the fabric Naturel from SwissShield. It costed me about 500NOK or 50$. Quite expansive but far less than a paint or canopy.

[Naturell: Swiss Shield]( https://www.swiss-shield.ch/index.php?id=19 )

I placed the fabric on the wall where the radiation was at its peak.

So, the levels were as follow with the fabric against the wall:

* At the wall: From 100mW/m2 before to 5mW/m2 after;
* At 1.5m away from the wall: From 5mW/m2 before to 0.1mW/m2 after
* At 3m away from the wall: From 1mW/m2 before to 0.05mW/m2 after

The drop in radiation confirmed me that the fabric is effective to block the radiation.

The sleep improved is little almost overnight, and the nightmares were mostly gone.

Yshield Paint
The fabric being conclusive, I decided to invest in a more permanent solution:

* A paint for the wall (just the common wall with our neighbor)
* A canopy to really shield our bed in all directions

My wall is about 6m2 in surface.
It is advised to be apply the paint in 2 layers. So I bought 2L of the following paint:

* Yshield HSF-64 (2L) for 1200NOK (130$)
* Grounding tape and grounding socket for 600NOK (70$)

[YSHIELD® shielding paint HSF54 | HF+LF | 1 liter | HSF54 | Universal classic | Paints & Coatings | YSHIELD European Union (Inside EU)]( https://www.yshield.com/eu/yshield-shielding-paint-hsf54-hf-lf-1-liter )
[Grounding | YSHIELD European Union (Inside EU)]( https://www.yshield.com/eu/grounding-accessories )

As the paint is conductive, it is necessary to ground it to the earth phase of the socket. This is done by applying a conductive tape on your wall before painting. Then you paint the two-layers (and any normal pain above, as the shielding paint is pure black) and then you attach the tape to the ground socket adapter.

After painting, the radiation levels were as follow (i remove the fabric meanwhile):

* At the wall: From 100mW/m2 before to 0.06mW/m2 after;
* At 1.5m away from the wall: From 5mW/m2 before to 0.03mW/m2 after
* At 3m away from the wall: From 1mW/m2 before to 0.02mW/m2 after

After the paint dried up (leave it for a day or two), the room felt much more healthy and the measurement can attest to it. But it was more the sensation that was impressive, as if we just add a new room.

Yshield Canopy
To finalise our shielding, I bought the following canopy:

* Yshield Silver Tulle 2person (2.2m side cube with doors on 2 sides) for 18000NOK (1900$)
* Shield mat YMC-50-150 for 1600NOK (160$)
* Grounding cables for 600 NOK (70$)

[YSHIELD® shielding canopy | Box double bed | SILVER-TULLE | HF+LF | From SILVER-TULLE | Canopies | Fabrics & Textile products | YSHIELD European Union (Inside EU)]( https://www.yshield.com/eu/yshield-shielding-canopy-box-double-bed-silver-tulle-hf-lf )
[Grounding | YSHIELD European Union (Inside EU)]( https://www.yshield.com/eu/grounding-accessories )

As for the paint, the fabric of the canopy is conductive and need to be grounded. No need to buy a new earth socket adapter as the one used for the paint as enough room for the cable which is attached to the canopy and the one attached to the grounding mats.

The grounding mats is optional, but in case you live in a flat, or have a basement with cables running on between the bedroom floor and the basement ceiling, it is then advised to invest in a grounding mats that is placed under the bed to shield you. It then makes somehow a faraday cage.

With the canopy and after painting, the radiation levels were as follow (I remove the fabric meanwhile):

* At the wall: From 100mW/m2 before to 0.006mW/m2 after (same as the paint alone as the canopy is away from the wall);
* At 1.5m away from the wall: From 5mW/m2 before to 0.0005mW/m2 after (inside the canopy, the value is the lowest value the EMF can measure, so potentially lower than 0.0005 actually in the bed)
* At 3m away from the wall: From 1mW/m2 before to 0.02mW/m2 after (same as the paint alone, as i believe 0.02 is the background radiation in our room).

In the graph screenshot attached, you can see the radiation evolution with the successive protection we have used. Please note that Y-axis scale is logarithmic. For those unfamiliar with logarithmic scale, it compresses the scale in the way that smaller values are emphasized. Without this type of scale, the reduction from the wall alone to the fabric itself will already be too big to see any other changes in a linear scale.

Frequency range per device type
Each set of device will only emits at a given range of frequency.

This can help pinpointed what kind of technology is radiating the most near you.

That is why I would advise purchasing an EMF meter that can read out the frequency as well as the intensity as not all the shielding solutions are good in protecting certain frequencies.

In a nutshell, here are the most common technologies and their associated frequency:

* 3G: 1800MHz to 2500MHz
* 4G: 2000MHz to 8000MHz
* WiFi: 2.4GHz and 4.2GHz
* DECT: 1800MHz to 1900Mhz

Sleep improvement
After shielding our bedroom, our sleep improved a lot. No more nightmares. A feeling of having slept enough (provided you don’t overspent yourself working or going to bed late or stomach full...).

Much more thought clarity. This one is quite amazing actually. I literally realized that the mental racing when going to bed where I had lots and lots of thought were not entirely due to me, but to an external cause (the radiation) as now when I enter the canopy my mind becomes very quiet instantly.

Oh, and in the morning no more need for a coffee to wake me up. I am still drinking a cup of coffee not because i need it but because I enjoy it, but I can skip it as well, and I won’t have this cloud in my head with fuzzy thoughts.

Cost:

The total cost (paint + canopy + various equipment) is very high and about 22000 NOK or 2600$. Of course one could have just went for the paint, in that case the cost is about 220$. Or use a lesser grade fabric for the canopy.

Conclusion

I will really advise anyone who is interested to invest in an EMF meter and measure its surrounding. Sometimes it can be quite surprising and in our case, life changing.

Another example, I recently visited a family relative that lives in the countryside of France, in the middle of nowhere. He build his house from the ground-up with the best practice in place for healthy standards. For example, all his electrical wires running in the walls are shielded and all that stuff. When I measured the ambient radiation due to EMF, it was higher than some flat in the center of Paris.

I couldn’t pinpoint the source of radiation, but to me it could indicate a hidden cell tower (as they sometime disguise them as fake tress in the countryside). Without the meter, he would never have guessed this high radiation level (not as high as in my case, but still constantly high, average of 0.5mW/m2).

I hope that this post can help anyone.
Please let me know if you have any question.
I am currently on holiday, but when I’m back I planning to measure some devices I have or some friends have (like a PS4, Nvidia shield TV...).

Take care.

Posted : April 15, 2019 8:35 PM
enjoypolo
(@enjoypolo)
Member Moderator

Wow, what an incredibly detailed investigation you undertook. Hats off to you mate.

I’m glad to see that it works well, although the cost of it all seems too excessive for me. As a result, I’ve resorted to putting the modem and Smart TV on a same powerbar that I switch off at night.

Just out of curiosity, have you ever tried orgonite? I haven’t been able to find conclusive answers with a meter in hand, on whether its effective.

Thanks, and I look forward to hear more about this!

Posted : April 15, 2019 10:23 PM
(@shamangineer)
Noble Member

Orgonite isn't intended to actually absorb or ground the radiation, it is supposed to offset the life depleting effects at the etheric level.

It is capable of shielding from emfs in panels if densely packed enough with metal and especially if grounded with an embedded wire to connect to, but using that for shielding would be even more expensive than conductive paint. You would probably have better luck using the paint to make thin orgonite by alternating conductive and non-conductive layers and adding quartz to the non-conductive ones. Even ungrounded conductive materials can can act as a shield, it's just they will develop a slight fluctuating charge as a result and allow more to pass through.

Posted : April 16, 2019 1:49 AM
(@asgard1664)
Topic starter

Thanks @enjoypolo for your comments and @shamangineer for the explanation on orginite.

@enjoypolo , I totally agree with you that this solution is very expensive. I added in that sense a section on post #2 about the total cost.

As said in the updated post, maybe the paint only could have been enough for most people. In that case the cost is not too high.

Also, there is not one solution fits all. I would argue first one needs to identify the source of radiation (hence the EMF meter), and then decide upon.

If the radiation comes from your own house/flat, then obviously shutting down any unecessary equipment especially at night will be the first measure to take. Then maybe opt out or shield the smart meter if applicable.

In our case, the source of radiation was from our neighbor and since she didn’t want to shutdown the phone, then our 2 solutions were: a) leave our house and relocate b) shield ourselves. In that scenario b) is by far the cheapest.

Also in our case, we live in a wooden house. Wood is very poor to shield EMF. If someone lives in a flat/house with concrete wall, then most probably the radiation comes from the windows. In that case, investing in shielding curtains is not very expensive. The first frabric I mentioned (Swisshsield naturel) is very good for that. I actually recycled the sample fabric I had into a curtain and you cannot tell if it’s a regular curtain or this special fabric. On top of that this fabric is not conductive, this means you don’t have to ground it, equating to less investing and less intrusive look.

Posted : April 16, 2019 8:43 AM
(@hugh-johnson)
Trusted Member

Poorer people could use aluminium foil and a fabric to cover the foil with.

Posted : April 16, 2019 2:19 PM
enjoypolo
(@enjoypolo)
Member Moderator

shamangineer wrote: Orgonite isn't intended to actually absorb or ground the radiation, it is supposed to offset the life depleting effects at the etheric level.

That's interesting, thank you for enlightening me on the subject. I confess, and regret, my knowledge of Wilhelm Reich is minimal..:rolleyes:

I find it very insidious that the iPads Wi-Fi antenna is located at the base, where it conveniently touches your tummy/crotch, when it clearly should be located at the top, no? iPhone cases that would shield EMF is something I've been considering for the past couple weeks. I wonder how those fare. But as Fayt mentioned, if it comes from your neighbors, or worse, a cell tower nearby, there's little you can do with that.

Unless.. you go full emf-shielding burka?:p

By the way, people would freak out if they knew how much WiFi radiation is emitted within hospitals, ironically one of the riskiest place for people at risk, including weakened patients, children and babies.

Posted : April 16, 2019 4:24 PM
 rani
(@rani)
Reputable Member

Hi Fayt, thanks for this excellent info. I have been wanting to diving into shielding options, but the amount of different options and the cost involved has held me off. This info therefore is priceless! I was surprised to hear you have no cell towers around you. I live in a tiny village of less than 200 houses and we have SIX towers around us. Very disturbing.

Do you recommend the meter that you bought? Is it useable. i have noted that some of them you have to get the angle just right to get a decent reading?

Question also for shamangineer - if ether is the medium through which EM waves propagate, and organite has an effect on the ether, surely then that leads to orgonite having some kind of effect on EM waves? Even just a distortion effect?

Posted : April 24, 2019 11:06 PM
 rani
(@rani)
Reputable Member

Oh, and EnjoyPolo, if you do want to dive into Reich, I recommend reading ether, god and devil / cosmic superimposition, which are two companion books of his which are very readable and give a good grounding in his conception of the ether.

Posted : April 24, 2019 11:08 PM
(@shamangineer)
Noble Member

rani wrote: Question also for shamangineer - if ether is the medium through which EM waves propagate, and organite has an effect on the ether, surely then that leads to orgonite having some kind of effect on EM waves? Even just a distortion effect?

It deals with the difference in wave types. EM waves are like ripples in a pond and are based on vector math. Longitudinal waves are like vortices with compression and rarefaction ripples traveling down their length and are based on scalar math. From what I understand orgonite changes the chirality or spin direction of the vortex to be life-enhancing from life-destroying.

Posted : April 25, 2019 1:00 PM
enjoypolo
(@enjoypolo)
Member Moderator

shamangineer wrote: It deals with the difference in wave types. EM waves are like ripples in a pond and are based on vector math. Longitudinal waves are like vortices with compression and rarefaction ripples traveling down their length and are based on scalar math. From what I understand orgonite changes the chirality or spin direction of the vortex to be life-enhancing from life-destroying.

That’s a fascinating detail, thank you Shamangineer. It reminds me of the wake and vortices created after a large ship or ferry navigating on water. Correct me if I’m wrong, but visually it makes total sense 🙂

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMA6zh8rWUQ

Posted : April 25, 2019 2:12 PM
(@asgard1664)
Topic starter

"rani, post: 12493, member: wrote:

Do you recommend the meter that you bought? Is it useable. i have noted that some of them you have to get the angle just right to get a decent reading?

Hi Rani,

Apologies for the late reply, for some reason I’m not notified when this thread gets new posts.

My experience with EMF meter is limited but I’m very happy with this one as it can be easily carried around. As a matter of fact, I’m currently traveling to France and will measure the EMF at my fathers place.

You have to orient the meter in the right position and the hand that holds it is critical as well (so you do not cover the antenna while measuring). But the instructions are quite good and you get used to using the meter correctly in no time.

Posted : May 11, 2019 6:44 AM
 rani
(@rani)
Reputable Member

fayt76 wrote:
My experience with EMF meter is limited but I’m very happy with this one as it can be easily carried around. As a matter of fact, I’m currently traveling to France and will measure the EMF at my fathers place.

Thanks very much. I have wanted a meter for a very long time. There is no other way to know for sure what is being emitted and whether it conforms to safety standards (doubtful). Have you found that EMF's are above the already shameful 'safety' standards?

Posted : May 15, 2019 10:25 PM
(@asgard1664)
Topic starter

rani wrote: Thanks very much. I have wanted a meter for a very long time. There is no other way to know for sure what is being emitted and whether it conforms to safety standards (doubtful). Have you found that EMF's are above the already shameful 'safety' standards?

The EMF reading was above the standards from Switzerland or Austria if I recall correctly. But the thing is that there is such discrepancies between nations on what is a “SAFE” level that I gave up trying to use those one. And those levels are so much higher than the recommendations from some health institutes specialized on EMF, that I do not trust at all WHO for their recommendations:)

Posted : May 17, 2019 9:35 AM
enjoypolo
(@enjoypolo)
Member Moderator

So I'm reading the fabulous book by Kathleen Draper, Burn: Using Fire to Cool Earth, and it's all about biochar and its potential in many areas.
But the most an interesting one, at least in the remediation of cellphone radiation, as well what's colloquially known as electro-smog ("dirty electricity" is also another term used), was the mention of how biochar acted as insulator against radiation.

Let me quote the paper by Ithaka/Biochar-International briefly mentioning this:

The only anecdotal evidence pointed in the book is how the author, Draper, demonstrates how she measured the smog coming from an electric outlet (measured in gauss) before and after putting a piece of paper with biochar coating between the outlet and measuring device. Paper without coating doesn't do anything, but char-coated paper completely drops radiation.

My realization from absorbing all this knowledge is that it has to do with the incredible physics of carbon, particularly relating it to electrical charge, explaining why it absorbs water so well. but I digress.

I mean can you imagine an aerosol spray, or a paint with home-made biochar mixed in applied to the walls? It would provide EMF radiation protection at a relatively low-cost, especially if the biochar is produced at home from waste.

Now granted, different ingredients make different biochar, and
I'm not sure which one absorbs better, but regardless, this is just another area which carbonization can make a great contribution.

EDIT: I found a link about using a biochar mixed with clay sprayed on the walls of a wine cellar to improve its production. At the very end it mentions:

PS.: Biochar-clay plasters also have a shielding effect with regard to electromagnetic radiation (“electrosmog”). This means that we have no GSM reception in the test cellar, a further positive feature allowing us at least there to fully concentrate on working with nature.

So it seems to work indeed, although at the cost of cutting cell signal completely. This may affect ESP abilities positively too? :rolleyes:

Posted : July 15, 2019 4:50 AM
Page 1 / 2
Share: