Clear all

Eclipse watchers

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
sololmon
(@sololmon)
Topic starter

So, my family and I took a trip to Tennessee to watch the eclipse. Absolutely a wonderful experience, though there were a few... inconsistencies? I'm curious to see if anyone noticed the same things. We were directly in the path of the totality, however, full dark never hit. In fact, the sky seemed to be in twilight, with light streaking from other places, as though being dispersed or reflected. Which, combined with the fact that the ring around the sun was very clearly blue/light blue, as opposed to the orange or white we have been shown for years, seems to suggest sincere atmospheric alteration. Not that this would be surprising to anyone frequenting these boards, but I was wondering if anyone elseu noticed this, and also if anyone has any potential explanations. I seem to remember that a silver additive to chemtrails found in large quantities in our air has a tendency to disperse sunlight in a blue tone. This is currently my working theory with my lack of knowledge in this area, but I would love to hear anyone else's ideas or observations.

Posted : August 23, 2017 2:11 AM
(@jhough)

I was down in texas so I only got a partial eclipse. Everything seemed pretty "normal" but it was pretty cool how the temperature dropped significantly as the eclipsed progressed. It's in the upper 90s down here so it was pretty noticeable.
I did however found a couple of videos in youtube where people recorded a second ring next to the sun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhFNnsZnk6g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuzS-3n76x4

Anyone know what that is?

Posted : August 23, 2017 2:52 AM
sololmon
(@sololmon)
Topic starter

Was just speaking with someone at our hotel who was in a different location in Tennessee a bit to the east of us. They got full dark and a white ring, but also noticed that anomaly, as well as an angular shoot off from the ring around the sun. I should also mention that shortly after totality ended (within five minutes), I spotted two fading chemtrails directly above our location that hadn't been visible beforehand, which could explain our locality's totality's tonality.

Posted : August 23, 2017 3:19 AM
sololmon
(@sololmon)
Topic starter

Also, no fucking clue. Though Mercury was in a similar position from my location, though on the opposite side.

Posted : August 23, 2017 3:22 AM
sololmon
(@sololmon)
Topic starter

http://www.ibtimes.com/felt-superhuman-night-vision-power-during-total-solar-eclipse-scientists-explain-why-2587224

It wasn't lighter than it should have been in some areas, some people just saw better.

Posted : September 8, 2017 6:58 PM
(@dougcaverly)

Viewed totality in Granite, Oregon. The corona and flares or whatever were whitish for us. Like you, it never was dark and it was like twilight. My brother put a drone up and it showed the same thing. Though, I wondered how far in the distance the camera was seeing. Not too many miles north did not have totality.

Posted : September 15, 2017 6:55 AM
Share: