Notifications
Clear all

A year in space currently on Twitter

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@danth0mas)
Topic starter

Hey! I've been following a chap on Twitter @StationCDRKelly who is apparently spending a year up in space and uploading photos daily from his "home in space" his wife is a news reporter and is posting messages of how her and the children miss him etc and he's posting current world issue relevant pictures , I'm finding this facinating after hearing all the PodCasts about how it's not possible for us to live or even travel into space due to the radiation belt. Has anyone else been following this?

Posted : October 24, 2015 6:32 PM
(@dumbox97)

Just looked at his twitter account. Very interesting. Thanks for drawing attention to it.

Posted : February 21, 2016 9:04 PM
(@dumbox97)

Oh and btw I don't know how to interpret the pics. They seem real to me. Maybe somebody that is more skeptical could elaborate on why the images are fake?

Posted : February 21, 2016 9:06 PM
(@sylviatrilling)
Eminent Member

There is an area called low earth orbit that is safe. The radiation belts start further out. Some say we've been in low earth orbit, but we couldn't have gone to the moon because of the radiation belts.

Posted : February 23, 2016 3:51 AM
(@thejosh)

There is an area called low earth orbit that is safe. The radiation belts start further out. Some say we’ve been in low earth orbit, but we couldn’t have gone to the moon because of the radiation belts.

<hr>

This is what I believe - LEO or even lower.
Several of the photos I've seen from Kelly are most definitely not from the altitude of the ISS (240+ miles); more likely LEO or even lower. Look how many of them resemble what you see out the window of a commercial plane flight. There are quite a few other issues that even amateur photographers will notice right out the gate. Google photos from commercial flights and compare.

Posted : February 25, 2016 5:21 AM
Share: