Clear all

13 Stars During Olympics Commercials

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@squidmark6)
Topic starter

Hello all!

Does anyone besides me find it interesting that only 13 stars appear on the US flag on many of the commercials airing during the Olympics? Chobani yogurt, for example, has only thirteen stars as it presents the American flag. Why? Is it really that difficult to show the agreed upon number of stars and stripes? Is a message of some sort being imbedded in their commercials? Just a thought . . . Any comments are welcome!

Regards,

Squidmark

[attachment file=5148]

Posted : August 12, 2016 3:27 AM
(@diogenes)
Eminent Member

a flag with 13 stars is known as the betsy ross flag, and the stars represent the number of original colonies (just as the 13 stripes do on both version of the flag).

not sure why they'd use it today. other than just a throwback flavor.

i did find the "symbolism" section of the betsy ross flag wikipedia page to be interesting ;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betsy_Ross_flag#Symbolism

Posted : August 12, 2016 6:42 AM
deepthought
(@deepthought)

I wonder if this had any connection to NASA (really!) announcing a thirteenth constellation in mid September. I clearly recall Astronomers announcing a 13 sign 7 or 8 years ago and astrologers stating it would make no difference to people's charts. As is usual, it dropped out of the press and the heavenly carried onwards. I have no doubt that this will happen again. However, there are strong links between the constellations and the Israelites. The 12 constellations and the 12 tribes of Israel. There have been many stories surrounding the missing 13th tribe and also the missing 13th constellation. Perhaps the 13th tribe has been forgiven and has had its banishment rescinded, it has once more rejoins the family by taking up its place as the 13th Tribe of the Israelites once more? Who knows but I think it's something worth keeping in the back of the mind.

Posted : September 26, 2016 9:47 AM
Share: