Notifications
Clear all

Strange Angel

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@ripthejacker33)
Topic starter

hey greg i have been listening to your show for years now, first time on the forum. I am a writer and am currently writing a script, because of this I like to study serialized dramas and watch as many as I can. I came across this new show called strange angel. The subject matter of this show blew my mind. It is a High Budget streaming show on CBS. ABOUT JACK PARSONS AND THE OCCULT ALIESTER CROWELY ECT.!!!!!WHAT!!!!!!!!! completely burns that mask right there. so my question is have you seen this?

Posted : July 20, 2018 7:18 PM
(@dankmoody)

On a very recent interview with Nox Mente, Greg said he hasn't seen it and is hesitant to watch it because it's on CBS and he feels they'll water it down too much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fiIRvZPWJE

I agree though I love it and can't believe CBS would back something like this, it's awesome. The author of the book it is loosely written based on was on Occulture recently which was a very good listen if you're interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OKNk6-fv0I

Also, Rip The Jacker is a classic album

Posted : July 25, 2018 1:10 AM
(@genxgemini)
Honorable Member

Hey Folks-
I checked out an episode upon your recommendation & I agree. It is worth a watch to see what they dare put into the script next.

Have you guys watched JONATHAN STRANGE & MR. NORRELL on Netflix??

Talk about being BLOWN AWAY by the subject matter. It is originally a BBC series. Too bad they only made one season.
⚡⚡HIGHLY recommend⚡⚡

Posted : July 27, 2018 3:26 PM
(@reblomakr9)

The book Strange Angel is amazing and puts the show to shame. The show is simply just a cash move, they saw the money it even though people have been interested for decades in Jack Parsons. Just read the book, you'll be glad you did. I found a copy at my local library.

Posted : July 29, 2018 2:49 PM
chaoticwave
(@chaoticwave)

genxgemini wrote: Have you guys watched JONATHAN STRANGE & MR. NORRELL on Netflix??

Yeah it was excellent. Watch it while you can.

There are two decent Terry Pratchett Discworld movies on Amazon Prime (and almost all torrent trackers): The Color of Magic and Hogfather. Light-hearted fantasy movies with interesting magick stuff.

They're BBC mini-series'. Still really good.

Also good is A Dark Song. It's on Netflix, it's a film about the Abramelin ritual.

Posted : August 3, 2018 12:46 AM
(@genxgemini)
Honorable Member

chaoticwave wrote:

Yeah it was excellent. Watch it while you can.

There are two decent Terry Pratchett Discworld movies on Amazon Prime (and almost all torrent trackers): The Color of Magic and Hogfather. Light-hearted fantasy movies with interesting magick stuff.

They're BBC mini-series'. Still really good.

Also good is A Dark Song. It's on Netflix, it's a film about the Abramelin ritual.

A Dark Song is being cued up for this rainy desert Saturnday. Thanks for the suggestion, CW=)

Posted : August 11, 2018 1:03 PM
Share: