Plans for THC archives curation?

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
enjoypolo
(@enjoypolo)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Greg and his associates have done a wonderful job of updating almost all episodes from the archives, and there's now a giant pile of shows sitting in the vault.

It dawned on me, that maybe revisiting some old shows, or having them sorted by tags/genres, or curated as part of an exhibition with a specific theme could be a great way to make a mosaic and explore a particular territory.

For instance, an exhibit on Food Fuckery could put together episodes digging down the Big Ag, Big pharma involvement with global food supply, and have also shows with solutions (Permaculture; ice age farmer), and/or how it connects. Another would be to explore by alchemical themes: Water, Fire, Earth, Wind and Aether.

I just feel as though the material in the vault could be revisited within a curated context, and perhaps lead to new insights (hindsight 20.20) 😉 With tags and search in the database, it would be rather feasible to look for specific keywords to curate a list.

Just an idea 😉

Posted : August 22, 2020 3:19 PM
(@lordjahmez)

Ive considered this several times, my bigger worry being the archive itself getting blocked/busted, so ive been taking precautions to make sure such amazing information is not lost, but keyword tags would be great! I'd be happy to spend a few hours a week relistening and tagging subject content!

Posted : August 31, 2020 2:44 AM
(@jawoods787)

This would be an awesome addition to the archives. Sometimes I just wanna hear about some inner earth zaniness or cryptids but sometimes I want the black-hole inducing dread that is more grounded real-world Whitney Webb, Recluse sort of stuff. To be able to search a subject rather than scroll through the whole vast catalog would be the shit

Posted : September 18, 2020 12:38 PM
baalbuoy
(@baalbuoy)

Dude, great idea! This is a great approach to taking all this intelligence to the next level. Let's crowdsource the work. Hit me up if you need a hand.

Posted : October 10, 2020 4:55 AM
Share: