Notifications
Clear all

Body scanners at public places

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@haroldtuttle88)
Topic starter

Hi. Heard the Vegas Shooting episode and the idea of putting body scanners at most/all public places came up. The company name 'The Chertoff Group' came up. This Chertoff?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Chertoff
This dude is really seriously creepy, he is listed as a co-author of the Patriot Act, which should raise a few red flags, right there... Bad pun, sorry. Seriously, though, Ol' Boy looks like Vader...

Posted : November 1, 2017 9:41 PM
akimondo
(@akimondo)
Eminent Member

This from the Wiki page you linked:

Body scanners[edit]
Michael Chertoff has been an advocate of enhanced technologies, such as full body scanners.[24] His lobbying firm Chertoff Group (founded 2009) represents manufacturers of the scanners.[25][26]

Also, for your amusement, I made this:

Posted : November 3, 2017 9:40 AM
jeffmacq
(@jeffmacq)

haroldtuttle88 wrote: Hi. Heard the Vegas Shooting episode and the idea of putting body scanners at most/all public places came up. The company name 'The Chertoff Group' came up. This Chertoff?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Chertoff
This dude is really seriously creepy, he is listed as a co-author of the Patriot Act, which should raise a few red flags, right there... Bad pun, sorry. Seriously, though, Ol' Boy looks like Vader...

I believe he and Giuliani are involved with the body scanners. If anyone is old enough to remember the 'Underdog' cartoon, Chertoff reminds me of Simon Bar-Sinister.

off topic a bit, ever notice that the brand name of the machines at airports is 'Rapiscan', I always think, rapey-scan.
I'm always sad and disappointed whenever I fly because I'm typically the only one in the airport who opts-out of the rapey scan. I stand there waiting for a TSA agent, people see me and walk right by and never seem to acknowledge or understand what I'm doing or why.
Most times, the opt-out is easy, and the agents are professional. the worst for me was Orlando - the TSA guy was shouting at me, doing everything he could to shame me into getting back in line to take my radiation like a good plebe. was a bit kafka-esque. suppose that's expected when you're in disney's personal transportation hub.

Posted : November 9, 2017 5:44 PM
Share: