35 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
 rani
(@rani)
Reputable Member
(@cheriethc)

Bingo rani !!

with every answer I have more questions !!

thanks for the thread once again.

Posted : March 27, 2019 8:47 AM
(@shamangineer)
Noble Member

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/scientists-say-your-mind-isn-t-confined-to-your-brain-or-even-your-body?utm_source=pocket-newtab
From the above article:
[After much discussion, they decided that a key component of the mind is: “the emergent self-organizing process, both embodied and relational, that regulates energy and information flow within and among us.” It’s not catchy. But it is interesting, and with meaningful implications.

The most immediately shocking element of this definition is that our mind extends beyond our physical selves. In other words, our mind is not simply our perception of experiences, but those experiences themselves. Siegel argues that it’s impossible to completely disentangle our subjective view of the world from our interactions.

“I realized if someone asked me to define the shoreline but insisted, is it the water or the sand, I would have to say the shore is both sand and sea,” says Siegel. “You can’t limit our understanding of the coastline to insist it’s one or the other. I started thinking, maybe the mind is like the coastline—some inner and inter process. Mental life for an anthropologist or sociologist is profoundly social. Your thoughts, feelings, memories, attention, what you experience in this subjective world is part of mind.”]

Posted : February 9, 2020 12:40 PM
Neuron Crux
(@neuron-crux)
Estimable Member

Has anyone else observed such things?

From childhood our senses are funneled into 5 primary channels, and the only generally agreed-upon concepts outside the regular confines of those channels are those like synesthesia, where senses overlap or interchange.
It has been my experience that some things originate outside the usual spectrum of sensory input, and do not fit nicely within the confines of the 5 standard senses. They are difficult to perceive, let alone describe in ways that make any sense to the analytical mind. Often they are symbolic and "imaginal" in nature, only visible for short periods of time, and typically holding the most meaning for those who experience them first-hand.
For instance, last summer I began having occasional experiences where a multi-colored digital blob would manifest visually prior to a physical event in the same space. like I would see a point of color-shifting energy on someone's face just before they would scratch their nose or swat at an otherwise invisible insect. I even began forecasting lightning strikes because I could see a foreshadowing of the strikes in a digitized form prior to their actual occurrence. Etc.
Much of it relies on instinct. Just observe and interpret. Don't cloud your interpretations with preconceptions, and trust yourself.

Posted : February 10, 2020 1:23 AM
(@shamangineer)
Noble Member

Here's a good discussion which highlights the issue with taking our perception that physics is more primary than consciousness at face value:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MvGGjcTEpQ

Posted : August 19, 2020 4:21 PM
Page 3 / 3
Share: