Peter Levenda American History

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@sprvlln)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

This episode really spoke to me.

For one thing I am in a book club and we had just finished reading Island At The Center of the World which is about the early beginnings of Manhattan. I also have deep conversations with my friends about the notion of American Pride and how that pales in comparison to someone from Iran or Italy where they they can take a car trip and see thousands of years of history of their people. I really do think that people and land have this weird connection. I'm pretty much obsessed with it.

And here we all are living on this land that we kind of actually know a very small portion of it's history. I'm going to start reading his first book soon... but I really really enjoyed that episode.

Posted : January 14, 2016 8:34 PM
(@tedhead)

You can't go wrong with any of his books. I live in between New Orleans and Dallas, so the JFK subject affected me the way the strange Manson and Jonestown stories would affect someone in California. I'm in the middle of his book "The Dark Lord", and the Lovecraft-Crowley-UFO connection is hair raising, especially when you connect those dots with the Kennedy assassination and "the Nine".

I've wondered about unseen forces connected to the land and our history. In another section of the forum, I brought up the way it manifests with all of the Mothman phenomena of 1966-67 in West Virginia. Too much paranormal activity went on in that 13 month period in such a small area that makes me wonder what in the world went on to cause all of that, and what did the early natives know that we don't? The strange burial mounds in Kentucky, the odd aerial sightings along the Ohio river...what is it about those areas? I find those much more bizarre than, say, the Bermuda Triangle.

Posted : March 9, 2016 7:58 AM
(@tedhead)

Not sure if I should start a new topic, but I'll at least get it started here and see if people catch it:

I just pre-ordered Mr. Levenda's new book that is coming out at the end of the year. It is a fictional novel called "The Lovecraft Code", and is apparently a Lovecraftian take on the DaVinci Code. This is intriguing; it seems to be his first fictional work. The craziest part is the protagonist of this novel is the grandson of the protagonist of The Call of Cthulu!

This should be interesting, and I think this is still separate from his next non fiction work. The only hints we have are that his next project deals with consciousness and he teased about it involving the 1952 UFO flap over Washington, and was in the vein of Sinister Forces but deeper. If anyone else has any info, let us know! I'll be sure and do the same...

Posted : May 19, 2016 2:15 PM
hurmanetar
(@hurmanetar)
Eminent Member

Another vote for the sinister forces trilogy! Levenda does Good work.

Posted : June 4, 2016 4:06 AM
(@prettygood)
(@tedhead)

I think my head just exploded seeing that pic, let alone the article.

This is also the first time Wikileaks has been mentioned in regards to this project. I hope the project moves forward despite the current political climate.

Posted : November 19, 2016 1:18 PM
trished40
(@trished40)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJKD8CU0CBo

Posted : February 27, 2017 10:19 PM
Share: