Ice Age Farmer / Ch...

Notifications
Clear all

Ice Age Farmer / Christian Westbrook | Rockefeller Food, AgTech, & The Coming Food Supply Shortage

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
enjoypolo
(@enjoypolo)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Another Food episode!
Post your feedback below 😉

Posted : May 30, 2020 9:38 AM
(@waltn)

I really enjoyed this episode, and I love that Greg mixes up the more esoteric topics with the practical, medical an health topics. My family and I are putting a plan in place to up our food production on our piece of land here in New Zealand. I found Ice Age Farmer to be really informative an insightful, if a bit scary in terms of his detailed analysis of the engineered food crisis that we are looking at.
One question that I do have though, is about the shift to a more green economy that is being pushed, and Christian's critique of it. I happen to eat meat, but the rest of my family is vegetarian, and I have come to see that decreasing the factory farming of meat would both better for the planet as well as a more moral option. I also realize that the environmental movement, with particular emphasis on "climate change," has been co-opted by corporate interests and I'm guessing that this is part of his criticism of this part of the agenda. What do people think about this? The notion that this Covid crisis is an "opportunity" both for the nefarious globalists to increase their control of all of us, but also an opportunity for all of us to do things differently. How does being more environmental fit into that picture?

Posted : May 31, 2020 2:06 AM
enjoypolo
(@enjoypolo)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

I haven't had time to listen to the episode so forgive me if I veer off, but:
When it comes to being more “environmental”, actions speak louder than words. The main globalist climate change agenda would put the burden/onus on you to“reduce reduce reduce”, which is in fact a scam designed to limit you. Even though a good portion of the damage is in fact caused by de-regulated-and-subsidised industries (of which Big Food is a major player):rolleyes:

Whereas permaculture/regenerative/integrated ecosystem paradigms done right would have you steward nature to produce abundance, while also regenerating ecosystems to flourish.
And it doesn’t take much. My first step started with separating green waste at home using bokashi and joining a local community worm compost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-7O3fOXXKo

I’d highly recommend you this episode with Joel Salatin who owns/runs a regenerative farm, including meat products.

Posted : May 31, 2020 6:53 AM
(@waltn)

I agree with you, and also use the Bokashi, as well as worm composting, and a worm tank instead of a septic tank. I love the idea of permaculture, and the idea of using energy flowing through the system so that you need fewer and fewer inputs from the outside. I will certainly watch the Joe Salatin on Rogan. I first came across Joe Salatin in Michael Polan's book Omnivore's Dilemma (which is great) I have Joe's book, Folks This Ain't Normal, on my book shelf, and will bump it up the list (currently working on What Really Makes you Ill) It makes me so mad to think that the environmental movement has been co-opted by the rich and powerful toe benefit them. I think the power of what you are talking about is that it starts local, in our own kitches, yards and gardens. I remember Joe Salatin talking about the power of looking the person who sells you the meat in the eye and getting to know them as a person. We need to go local, hard and fast.

Posted : May 31, 2020 8:06 AM
enjoypolo
(@enjoypolo)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/jun/09/world-faces-worst-food-crisis-50-years-un-coronavirus

These headlines about upcoming food shortages are making the rounds. No doubt they're sowing the seeds to prepare people subliminally.
It's somewhat good that foodshelves are stocked up again, at least in my area. I can't stress enough the importance of having a farmers market or local farm around to decrease dependence on supermarkets and such.
It goes without saying, if you have a yard or even balcony, there is so much that can be done with small spaces to grow at least some herbs.

Been reading Joel Salatin's book, "Folks, this ain't normal" which is a really awesome compendium of street-wise, eco-wisdom that is so desperately needed in our times. It's also prophetic, in the sense that he mentions "peak oil" times that will usher us into a global upheaval, as a natural consequence of modern lifestyle's disconnect with the practical stuff. Highly recommended read! (available on my e-library here for ebook);)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBZgANtcXm8
http://www.polyfacefarms.com/

Posted : June 15, 2020 11:54 AM
enjoypolo
(@enjoypolo)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBwUQlHus7I

I really like this Food system conspiracy discussion between IceAgeFarmer and Curtis Stone, both great inspiring regenerative farmers talking about the solar minimum cycle we are going through, how it has correlated with big events in History, and what is likely to happen (spoilers: it's not a total ice-age, but dwindling temperatures that may cause food shortages), but also in general, about what we can do to overcome those circumstances.
It is a bit preaching to the choir, but Great stuff nonetheless!

Posted : June 16, 2020 6:01 PM
enjoypolo
(@enjoypolo)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3QQQu7QLoM

Here’s a 10 year timelapse footage of the Sun released by Nasa.
Every second represents 1 day.

It seems to me that if you compare the beginning, middle and end, you can see how we are in the solar minimum period with minimal activity (calm before the storm; also correlating to Ice Age Farmers’ claims above)

Posted : June 28, 2020 10:43 AM
enjoypolo
(@enjoypolo)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Looks like food shortages are back in the spotlight after Ukraine’s conflict lifting gasoline prices to 2€/L ($6/gal) affecting everything incl industrial food production.

there’s never been a better time to start composting and make peace gardens to reduce reliance on Big Food and support local farmers as much as possible 

what are your plans to stay put?

Posted : March 27, 2022 8:13 PM
Share: