Home solar/photovoltaic backup system

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 wlad
(@wlad)
Topic starter

Hello from the UK.

Getting a little nervous of the impending global collapse. Have a fair bit of food stored in a deep freeze, but that won't last long in the event of a power outage.

I wonder if anybody here could recommend a home solar backup system or has any info on how to build one. I have an existing small south facing roof (about 6ft square) that I could place a panel on. Don't need huge amounts of power, just enough to keep the deep freeze running and a few other low drain items.

Many thanks in advance!

Posted : August 7, 2021 5:45 AM
(@kenlev99)

Last July I purchased a Titan, Point Zero Energy solar generator with 10-100watt panels and 2 batteries. It went on back order for 6 months.
when I finagot it, It was plug and play easy to set up and has been working great. I like that it can handle me cooking on a portab stovetop burner and running my 1500watt Blendtec blender, my WiFi router, and charging my iPad all at the same time.

you can watch lots of reviews and tests with the Titan on (the hated) YouTube. I’m planing on adding more batteries and panels going forward if thats possible.

good luck man, things may get rough over the next several months...
Ken
✌️

Posted : August 8, 2021 1:04 AM
 wlad
(@wlad)
Topic starter

Thanks a lot for your reply Ken, it has given me some avenues to research.

Posted : August 8, 2021 4:12 PM
Share: