Clear all

Bay Area Transplant At the Worst Time

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@alexabee)
Topic starter

Hi, everyone!

I've been listening for a couple of years now and signed up for plus shows at the beginning of the year (seriously, that extra hour is the best thing ever). I've gotten rid of my FB and IG accounts, but I'm still wanting to interact online. The THC community seemed like the natural next step!

I grew up in the south and have moved around quite a bit, but I'm currently in the Bay Area. It isn't my forever home, but for now I'm here.

I've loved everything occult, cryptid, and conspiracy since I was little. It's funny how conspiracies felt like entertainment consumption for so long, but now it's so real, deep, dark, and in your face. I miss the days when discussions of moon landings seemed like a big enough deal. Now that we've all been thrust into the deep end, I'm glad I can be a part of a community here. Now more than ever, connecting is important 🙂

Posted : May 7, 2020 7:23 PM
enjoypolo
(@enjoypolo)
Member Moderator

Welcome, always nice to see new peeps with their own hero’s journey. The more the merrier!
Cheers 😉

Posted : May 7, 2020 10:38 PM
(@jack_daft)
Estimable Member

Yes. Welcome aboard. And I agree...the second hour is incredible. Before I became a plus member I had listened to the entire available backlog and having gone back through them with twice the content is like listening to each topic for the first time. Don’t get me wrong, Greg does a pretty admirable job with his free hour, but had I known from the beginning what I was missing in that second hour I would have ponied up much sooner.

Posted : May 8, 2020 12:26 AM
(@beppie2525)

Welcome to the group! I’m the opposite of you since I moved from the Bay Area to the South 13 years ago. I do miss a lot of things about living in California.

You inspire me to reconsider getting rid of FB and IG. Really the only reason I stay on both is because I follow lots of gardening groups and they post such helpful stuff!

Gotta start to look for alternatives though since the censorship is out of hand on social media.

Posted : May 8, 2020 2:27 AM
(@alexabee)
Topic starter

jack_daft wrote: Yes. Welcome aboard. And I agree...the second hour is incredible. Before I became a plus member I had listened to the entire available backlog and having gone back through them with twice the content is like listening to each topic for the first time. Don’t get me wrong, Greg does a pretty admirable job with his free hour, but had I known from the beginning what I was missing in that second hour I would have ponied up much sooner.

It has been fun to go back and listen to some of my favorite first hour episodes and see what's new in the full show. I wish I had signed up sooner, too!

Posted : May 8, 2020 3:53 AM
(@alexabee)
Topic starter

beppie2525 wrote: Welcome to the group! I’m the opposite of you since I moved from the Bay Area to the South 13 years ago. I do miss a lot of things about living in California.

You inspire me to reconsider getting rid of FB and IG. Really the only reason I stay on both is because I follow lots of gardening groups and they post such helpful stuff!

Gotta start to look for alternatives though since the censorship is out of hand on social media.

That's a fun juxtaposition! I grew up in NC and lived there till I was 23. I've loved travelling and experiencing different US regions. There are pluses and minuses to them all. California is beautiful, I just hate the tech, population, and politics. Otherwise I would consider a permanent move. Hey, maybe Jefferson will become a thing 😉

Getting rid of FB and IG is pretty tough. It's one of the only ways to stay connected to my east coast family. I also followed a ton of homeschooling and education groups, so I really empathize with the thought of cutting ties with beloved groups. For some people, getting rid of those platforms makes sense and for others it doesn't. No right or wrong 🙂

Thanks for replying <3

(Edited for typo)

Posted : May 8, 2020 3:57 AM
 RIP
(@rip)
Eminent Member

Hey! I’m in the bay too! Welcome to our bubble ;).

Posted : May 14, 2020 6:59 AM
Share: