Clear all

A Member

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
chaoticwave
(@chaoticwave)
Topic starter

Why not have a member participate in the interview once in awhile? They may add a different perspective.

I can't count how many times I have follow-up questions about comments or statements not covered or answered. Not just on THC, but a lot of them. Many of the interviewers, present company excluded, do not grasp some seemingly obvious concepts.

Just a thought.

Posted : December 8, 2015 5:40 PM
(@thecarlwood)
Bossman Admin

I've considered that, or having a live chat/open lines, but when I listen to podcasts and interviews, those are often my least favorite parts. Plus, I schedule my interviews all over the place, so there's no consistency.

It's true that there are members who would have great input, but there's also a lot of folks who really wouldn't, and it's tough to vet everyone beforehand. It's an idea I sometimes come back to, but I'm not sure I'll ever really incorporate it in to the full show.

Posted : December 9, 2015 12:28 AM
(@shamangineer)
Noble Member

Perhaps trying a "peanut gallery" of a few (2-3) listeners from the forum with a topic in mind? Would a conference-style possibly work? You could try it out in a thread to vet those involved and then bring them on the show. I'm sure if you announced something like that on the show it would also generate more interest in the plus/forum side.

Posted : December 9, 2015 2:31 AM
chaoticwave
(@chaoticwave)
Topic starter

Or even a private hangout/skype session that isn't broadcast. I mean I'm not looking to be an interviewer per se, but I have a shitload of questions rolling across the lobes.

My thought was that, as an interviewer, one can become myopic in their content and line of questioning. Obviously, you're more free-form but you are not immune. And there is nothing wrong with it. It's great! It is how we discover the truth in this fucked up world.

But some of us, and I include myself here, are trying to piece together the entire picture. The Ebrov and the "system" are, most likely, just a single layer/skin in this onion. Not to single that out, but it's fresh in my mind.

I'm trying to connect the dots between the info from Lily Earthling, Andrew Bartzis, Robert Stanley, Crrow, James Alfred & Hadibov; into something I can put in a box. Sounds weird but that's how my brain works. If I can encapsulate a system, I can understand. Go figure. Prolly why I'm a programmer.

Hugs all!

Posted : December 9, 2015 5:01 AM
(@hammer1)
Eminent Member

Keep connecting the dots, CW, but please don't put them into a box.....

I have a feeling that's how this whole shitstorm got started in the first place!

Even if you let it out afterwards, it won't be the same as what you put in, and has a high likelihood of being quite pissed off.

Consider adding Sevan Bomar to your list; he has a way of synthesizing polarised info that can be really helpful in climbing up to the next platform.

H

Posted : December 9, 2015 11:58 PM
Share: