Anyone have experience mixing magic and business

12 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
divoch22
(@divoch22)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Hey y’all looking for anyone who has used magic to help get there business off the ground. I tend to way over do things and I won’t want the business to get away from me. Being in a hyper competitive market, I am looking for an little edge to be successful to keep providing for my family / grow to give jobs to others to do that same. I don’t want world domination, just a comfortable living.

Posted : July 28, 2021 5:48 AM
 JH
(@jh)
Reputable Member

An anecdote as I don't really have any specific advice.

Just a few weeks ago I was listening to Pheonix Aurelius and decided to do a visualization exercise along the lines he suggested--I really needed $10k to give myself a cushion to live on while getting my trading business up and running.

2 days later I was contacted by my former employer's IP department and informed I was to receive a $9k check for my patents as part of packaged sale deal.

Coincidence? By definition, yes. But it did happen.

Posted : July 28, 2021 1:23 PM
divoch22
(@divoch22)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

I don’t believe in coincidences! I believe you did manifest it. To me, the work coincidence has been used as a tool to dispel anything on the verge of magic. I do a lot of visualizing now, while having the vision, I state what I am experiencing is my reality and this is how I choose for it to play out. Is that similar to what you are doing?

Posted : July 29, 2021 5:08 AM
 JH
(@jh)
Reputable Member

divoch22 wrote:
I don’t believe in coincidences! I believe you did manifest it. To me, the work coincidence has been used as a tool to dispel anything on the verge of magic. I do a lot of visualizing now, while having the vision, I state what I am experiencing is my reality and this is how I choose for it to play out. Is that similar to what you are doing?

I still have a lot of old school rationalist in me, so I have to admit that there is an emotional/psychological barrier for me to admitting that possibility (i.e. manifestation works). But, gun to the head, my overall experience conforms more with the hypothesis that it indeed does work (though it's slippery) than it is all just stochastic coincidences and selective recall.

Posted : July 29, 2021 11:52 AM
divoch22
(@divoch22)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

jh1517 wrote:
I still have a lot of old school rationalist in me, so I have to admit that there is an emotional/psychological barrier for me to admitting that possibility (i.e. manifestation works). But, gun to the head, my overall experience conforms more with the hypothesis that it indeed does work (though it's slippery) than it is all just stochastic coincidences and selective recall.

There is absolutely nothing rational about any of this! Life, relationships, politics, economics, country, money… sure this plus that equals X but does that mean it makes sense to begin with? We wouldn’t need money if our rational minds would just share with each other 🙂

Posted : July 29, 2021 7:40 PM
 JH
(@jh)
Reputable Member

divoch22 wrote:
There is absolutely nothing rational about any of this! Life, relationships, politics, economics, country, money… sure this plus that equals X but does that mean it makes sense to begin with? We wouldn’t need money if our rational minds would just share with each other 🙂

From personal experience, I think a lot of the reason people reject many of the things THC delves into without even considering it is precisely this. The "dull" mainstream world is boring and can be alientating, but also more secure, than the uncertain world we live in. It is much more meaningful and invigorating to live in the world as it is--but the "rational", dull world is much more, in its way, comforting.

Posted : July 29, 2021 9:59 PM
divoch22
(@divoch22)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Before we look for a the Key, let’s find the door’s knob first 🙂

Posted : August 2, 2021 5:01 AM
ziathen
(@ziathen)
Trusted Member

I know I am coming late to the thread, but the combination of mantra, daily ritual, basic manifestation, and basic protection will take you a long way. I am in no way a hyper successful business person, but I have found that each aspect that I have previously mentioned, helps create the foundation for what you will need next. Do you know what flavor of magik you want? what do you know already? what kind of business are you trying to blossom?

Posted : October 4, 2021 1:42 AM
divoch22
(@divoch22)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

ziathen wrote:
I know I am coming late to the thread, but the combination of mantra, daily ritual, basic manifestation, and basic protection will take you a long way. I am in no way a hyper successful business person, but I have found that each aspect that I have previously mentioned, helps create the foundation for what you will need next. Do you know what flavor of magik you want? what do you know already? what kind of business are you trying to blossom?

Better late then never my friend. I am in the machinery business. I just need the company to last so I can keep my job. I do visuals and focuses on the company being successful. Basically marketing is magic. A ritual magic would be interesting to me. The elite must do something similar.

Posted : October 18, 2021 4:13 PM
ziathen
(@ziathen)
Trusted Member

I would recommend making up your own ritual. A lot of it is making sure you (the caster) believes it and there are methods to do that. I choose days that are special, paint my face, dress differently, and get things like candles, incense, bones, or what feels right, to make it feel real. I would include something from your metal shop. Then do it on a full moon, or new moon. Maybe write a poem and address the 4 directions in whatever way feels right to you. The problem I have with specific rituals is that they don't feel good to me.

Do you want me to write something up for you?

Posted : October 20, 2021 1:35 AM
divoch22
(@divoch22)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

That’s a great idea. I bet magic is a lot like the church in that formally it can be hard to find teachers. For example, I will teach you after you submit to the “order” for a number of dollars and time.
I like that organic like approach. I do this in my head a lot but never physically with objects. Maybe that is what I am missing.
I have a ring I’d like to charge up. The previous wearer was a great sales man. I’ll do something to ask that the energy be restored. Thanks for the tips. Thank you for the offer to write something. I must decline at this moment.

Posted : October 20, 2021 5:38 AM
ziathen
(@ziathen)
Trusted Member

sure, good luck.

Posted : October 27, 2021 3:30 PM
Share: